What Are You Brewing Next???

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

glenn514

Reaction score
Brewers...

This morning, my friendly FedEx driver dropped off a package which included an ingredient kit for Irish Red Ale AND a kit for Scottish Pale Ale.

Currently, I've got Liberty Cream Ale in the secondary; I checked the specific gravity this morning, and it's ready to bottle. I'll leave it for a few more days, and then spend a morning bottling.

But I'm thinking to brew up the Irish Red next. I've currently got Autumn Amber Ale in the bottle, ready to drink...m-mmmm, is it GOOD! The Cream Ale should be ready in 2-3 weeks. In the meantime, to keep the pipeline filled, I'm gonna have to brew something!

Ya think the Irish Red is a good idea?

glenn514:mug:

Irish Red Ales are always a good choice in my humble opinion.

My next brew is going to be a Belgium Trippel with some rosemary.

Irish reds are one of my favorites! Sounds like a good one to make next!

I am brewing an APA this weekend, and then in a couple weeks I will probably have a double brew weekend and make my apricot ale and a belgian sour

I'm going to do an oaked ESB next. My best friend is an ESB nut, and he's going to be giving me a hand on brew day as I plan on making it my first AG or PM beer (probably PM). His name is Brett so the beer will be named "Extra Special Brett" in his honor.

2010 Amber

A ProMash Recipe Report

Recipe Specifics
----------------

Batch Size (Gal): 6.00 Wort Size (Gal): 6.00
Total Grain (Lbs): 13.00
Anticipated OG: 1.054 Plato: 13.25
Anticipated SRM: 12.6
Anticipated IBU: 39.8
Brewhouse Efficiency: 70 %
Wort Boil Time: 60 Minutes

Grain/Extract/Sugar

% Amount Name Origin Potential SRM
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
50.0 6.50 lbs. Pale Malt(2-row) America 1.036 2
38.5 5.00 lbs. Munich Malt(2-row) America 1.035 6
3.8 0.50 lbs. Aromatic Malt Belgium 1.036 25
7.7 1.00 lbs. Crystal 80L 1.033 80

Potential represented as SG per pound per gallon.

Hops

Amount Name Form Alpha IBU Boil Time
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
0.50 oz. Chinook Pellet 11.50 23.2 60 min.
0.50 oz. Cascade Pellet 5.40 9.8 45 min.
1.00 oz. Cascade Pellet 5.40 3.6 1 min.
1.00 oz. Willamette Pellet 4.80 3.2 1 min.

Yeast
-----

Danstar Nottingham

Mash at 154°-155° for 60 min

Just measured out the hops for an all-cascade DIPA. 5oz for a 1.75 gallon batch should be interesting. (1.25 oz each at 60, 20, 10, 0) Also started soaking some light toast American oak chips in some scotch to throw in there.

PM Oktoberfest. Lagers are the last thing I'll do a partial mash on. Especially in the winter since I'm mashing inside and therefore can't use my IC and will need top off water to cool to pitching temps it makes good sense.

I plan on brewing it Sunday, and will ferment in basement like 3-4 weeks then I'll cold crash, clear tank it, then bottle, prime, then do a ghetto rotation bottle lager phase for like 4-6 months.

Ghetto lager bottle rotation consists of me lagering a case or two at a time, and will age the others in my 60°F. Once those are done, the others get lagered.

Maybe by the time they are bottled I'll have a beer fridge.

I new IPA for me this weekend. trying out some different hop combos, see how they compare to my usual variations of simcoe and amarillo.

i am goin to try my hand at a sour ale. just a low to medium hopped blonde and add some bugs to it and see how that goes.

I have an AG Dopplebock from Rebel (or was it BMW) and I have 2 extract kits with specialty grains coming from Northern Brewer, both stouts, one dry one irish, if they get here today or tomorrow I'm gonna brew one of those Sunday, else it'll be the Bock.

I have a bunch on deck I need to get to. I am on vacation starting in 2.5 hours and I hope to knock out 4-5 brews.

I am brewing a Irish Draught Ale tonight, then I am brewing a black IPA, from there I think I will do the Wheat Stout and British IPA, and hopefully get to the american wheat and breakfast stout

I am cooling a blue moonish clone right now and will be doing an AG chocolate porter on monday.

brewing the west coast red from brewing classic styles within a week. It will be my first all grain beer. I cant wait!

I've got an Imperial Pale Ale in secondary fermentation (I Love the smell of a fermenting IPA, every time I walk into my closet it's like a hops overload), and after I bottle that one I'm going to brew a Belgian Tripel. I think since the Belgian will only be my 2nd brew, I'm going to stick with a Brewers Best partial grain starter kit, but since I know a little bit more about beer now I'm going to "improve" upon the kit by buying actual brewers yeast (my local supply store has a yeast strain specifically designed for Belgians, so I'll use that) and also throw some orange zest, coriander + ginger in there.

Trying my first English Mild this Sunday. Irish Reds are good ones. The last one I did came out too dark/malty--I'll probably try it again in another month or so...

Working on perfecting a wit recipe I put together. Getting ready to bottle a Belgian Quad and oatmeal stout this weekend. Can't wait to try those suckers.

I think my next brew is just gonna be 2 row, some light crystal, and some tettnager hops I need to use up.

might try dry hopping with some cascade whole hops I need to use up before they get cheesy.

old bulk buy of hops as the shortage was starting to be felt.

PM Oktoberfest. Lagers are the last thing I'll do a partial mash on. Especially in the winter since I'm mashing inside and therefore can't use my IC and will need top off water to cool to pitching temps it makes good sense.

Oh man, all this talk of beer makes me want to brew and drink, or is it drink and brew, who cares!!

petep I was wondering, you stated you mash indoors in winter so you do not use your IC. Can you hook it up to the sink by using one of those faucet adapters?

Just curious as I did that all the time(sink and adapter) until I got my propane burner and can now chill using the garden hose.

I know there is a more recent thread than this one but it will serve my purpose. I am getting together my next 3 recipes this week (on vacation!!) and was interested in what others may have planned for their pipeline.

I am brewing an Irish red ale using wlp004 (Irish ale yeast... what else?) tomorrow. Then it will be a British dark mild on Saturday with wlp007. Finally I will make a version of Da Yooper's pale ale with wlp041 and comet/Idaho 7 hops, which will be in 2-3 weeks.

Can't wait to get started!

First brew will be a farmhouse concoction with mostly row2 and some Amber dap sugar or honey, probably some on sale Noble hop and oyl091

Strawberry-Rhubarb Gose is my next one. Not this weekend but probably the following weekend. Got a crap load of rhubarb to use that my wife grew at home. Looking forward to doing this one.

Strawberry-Rhubarb Gose is my next one. Not this weekend but probably the following weekend. Got a crap load of rhubarb to use that my wife grew at home. Looking forward to doing this one.

That makes sense, a strawberry rhubarb gose. I am not a fan of sours in general but that sounds tasty!

My next is going to be the cariabian slobber, but that won’t be for another 3 weeks or so.....

Something resembling a lambic. Also my first attempt at making a batch larger than 3 gallons.

Planning to eventually split it up, add some raspberries to one half, and I'm undecided as far as what to do with the other half.

My next brew is about to happen tonight. Heady Topper clone. This weekend I plan on doing an experimental lager using 2 row and lemon drop hops.

I've got an IPA fermenting and kegs of a Porter brewed with WLP007 and an Irish Red brewed with Imperial Darkness.

I almost always brew American or British styles so for my next batch... maybe a saison or a kolsch?

Have to wait until next weekend since pay week got switched around at work, but next brew will be a basic oatmeal stout. I've brewed some great beers, but this style has always eluded me. Now that I have a rock-solid fermentation fridge, it's time. Even the husband is on board with it, although it's starting out to be a pretty warm summer here in Western Washington. Only need the adjuncts and some new yeast to get it going.

My next brew is my take on Big Wave Golden Ale by Kona Brewing.

IMG_1211.jpg

American Wheat... BUT with non-american hops (Sorachi Ace, Motueka) and non-american yeast (Danstar Munich)... If the OG, FG, IBU, SRM and Balance conforms to the style, and the yeast is apparently pretty neutral, can we still talk of an American Wheat ?! :)

Yeah, my daughter (and brew-buddy) just tried an Irish Red she liked, so we'll be jumping aboard the Irish Red beerwagon with our next batch. Meanwhile, I'll be scouting for a good extract/partial mash recipe to try out.

Latest posts

Back