MID OHIO BREWERS SOCIETY BREWDAY April/May??

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chillHayze

Reaction score
Howdy gang, I have been kicking around the idea with a few members of having a get-together brewday for anyone that can come. I have a volunteer (SOB) who will shamelessly donate his house for us to brew. There is lots of space – we could have 10 people brewing at once. No limit on the number that could drink. That spot is in Delaware, OH. It is roughly 45 min drive from Columbus, and the same from Marion area. We were thinking like around late April/early May.

First, we need a cool name. I pick MID OHIO BREWERS SOCIETY, or simply, “The M.O.B.”
I know, it’s awesome, but if someone has a more-awesome’r one, post it up!

I'll be there in spirit. It's a little far for me to commute- but maybe sometime when I'm down there in Youngstown I'll crash your party.

Make sure you have plenty of homebrew, though- I do put away alot of it.

chillHayze said:
Howdy gang, I have been kicking around the idea with a few members of having a get-together brewday for anyone that can come. I have a volunteer (SOB) who will shamelessly donate his house for us to brew. There is lots of space – we could have 10 people brewing at once. No limit on the number that could drink. That spot is in Delaware, OH. It is roughly 45 min drive from Columbus, and the same from Marion area. We were thinking like around late April/early May.

First, we need a cool name. I pick MID OHIO BREWERS SOCIETY, or simply, “The M.O.B.”
I know, it’s awesome, but if someone has a more-awesome’r one, post it up!

He forgot to add that you are allowed to have your way with my SWMBO, I don't think she'll mind.

Now are there any takers?

Chill, I'm going to be in Ohio in July sometime (I can check with the wife for an exact date). Got a family reunion, and we'll be out in Columbus to see my sister and her family. Be great to get together and brew (well, watch someone ELSE brew) and have a couple drinks.

It sounds like a good time to me! I'm atleast going to have Chill and some other brewing friends over for this get together.

Anyone is welcome!
:mug:

I'm am in. I live in Chillicothe, 40 minutes south of CBus. I don't do AG but would love to watch the process. I'd love to split the cost of a batch with somebody if they'd like and help out with the AG process and just bring a carboy? Any takers?
We will be in NY the weekend of April 17th, 18th though. Oh and having a baby Late July Early August. So before that would rock!

Maybe the last w/e in April would be a good time? Like the 26th or 27th.

I will add that SOB's SWMBO is hot.

Let me know when the exact date is and I might be able to go. I'm about 2.5 hour out but I think it would be awesome to see how others do it. I might be able to bring my gear aswell, to participate.
-Drew

Well mine is preggo so nothing to watch this time haha. I'll leave her at home. I'll make sure the sink is full and the house is dirty when I leave so she'll have something to do while I'm gone! Don't want her getting bored! haha

I might be able to go.. im about 2 hours away...(I guest engineer at Honda R & D wich is really close to that area I think) Just pm me a time / place

Mirilis said:
I might be able to go.. im about 2 hours away...(I guest engineer at Honda R & D wich is really close to that area I think) Just pm me a time / place

I've done some work out at Honda in Marysville...I'm probably a good..hmm I dunno! I've always drive from work!

Google says, 34 minutes straight up 36 to Delaware which sounds correct!

To all...the more the merrier! I just hope the weather's nice!

If you want to bring the SWMBOs (no kids please!) maybe you can keep mine "occupied" (aaalllright!) while we brew! Were easy going, fun-loving people that like to have a good time!

Chill and I wil lget a solid date and let you guys know!!!

You guys speaking of the Honda Plant. Either go to OU? Possibly play on the OUPC? I went to college with a guy that brewed and worked/works at Honda in marysville. Casella? That you?

No, this is not Casella...

The company I work for has done some work for (at) the Honda plant in Marysville so I've been out there a few times. Didnt go to OU but I've partied there a few times! A good friend was a drummer in the 110 so we'd go down there for Halloween and all that good stuff.

Where exactly are you going to have this? I'm in Fremont Ohio, so I know its not that far. I might be able to make it down. I like The Mid Ohio Brewers aka TheMOB. Let me know and I'll check into maybe coming down.

Thanks,

BMW-LDB

Has a date for this been finalized? I'd love to make it, but I'm unavailable on the 26th. I might be able to make it on 4/27 or the weekend of 5/9-5/10.

Whereabouts in Delaware?

the_bird said:
Chill, I'm going to be in Ohio in July sometime (I can check with the wife for an exact date). Got a family reunion, and we'll be out in Columbus to see my sister and her family. Be great to get together and brew (well, watch someone ELSE brew) and have a couple drinks.

Sounds like we should setup a HBT drink and meet when bird's in town!

The Eastside suburbs of D-town. About 8-10 min. drive from I-71 Delaware exit.

As far as the exact date, most any w/e in July is good for me, but the man of the house will need to chime in on that one.

Is a Saturday or a Sunday generally better for you guys?

I vote either. Sunday could make for a great weekend of riding saturday and brewin' sunday but also getting away for the whole weekend probably wouldn't happen. Either is good for me.

Im getting married the 21st of June and will be honeymooning for 2 weeks after that... anytime after that say second weekend through july ill be able to go.. but SWMBO will cut me if i make plans before the wedding.

Mirilis said:
Im getting married the 21st of June and will be honeymooning for 2 weeks after that... anytime after that say second weekend through july ill be able to go.. but SWMBO will cut me if i make plans before the wedding.

So Sunday for you then (22nd) Tell her the mooning can wait, you got brewers to meet! hahaha:tank:

IrregularPulse said:
So Sunday for you then (22nd) Tell her the mooning can wait, you got brewers to meet! hahaha:tank:

I think if i did that while i meet with you guys she will be selling the chopped steel i cut for my brutus project and sell all my cornies and carboys. Then knock me out cold when i return home :cross:

Lucky Dog Brewing said:
Where exactly are you going to have this? I'm in Fremont Ohio, so I know its not that far. I might be able to make it down. I like The Mid Ohio Brewers aka TheMOB. Let me know and I'll check into maybe coming down.

Thanks,
BMW-LDB

Fremont, huh? I'm originally from Tiffin so it would probably take you about an hour and a half to get to my place.

Like Chill said, I'm on the East Side of Delaware (word up to my east-side homies) around SR521 and 36/37.

As for a date...I'm not the plan ahead kinda guy! If you leave it up to me I'll wait until the week before to make any plans. All I know is as of now, I dont really have any plans all summer.

Chill, you're the organizer here, I'm just the host. :)

In July I'm available the weekend of 7/5-7/6 (depending on how far my daughters end up going in softball tournaments) and the weekend of 7/19-7/20. Don't schedule around me, though. If everyone agrees and it's on a weekend that I can come I'll be there. If not, there's always next time.

Just pick a date that's good for you guys hosting and organizing and then see who can make it, If a good amount can good, if not pick another date. If you try and pick a date that works for everyone, this won't end up happening.

IrregularPulse said:
Just pick a date that's good for you guys hosting and organizing and then see who can make it, If a good amount can good, if not pick another date. If you try and pick a date that works for everyone, this won't end up happening.

Well spoken. Hell lets go early with it and plan for June 21. SOB doesn't care and we can always have additional meetings.

chillHayze said:
Well spoken. Hell lets go early with it and plan for June 21. SOB doesn't care and we can always have additional meetings.

I won't be able to attend that day, I'll be at NHC in Cincy. Maybe next time!

There are others coming not on the forum. All good people. This is a GO!
Brewers of all abilities are welcome, their SWMBOs (or HHMBOs), but no kids. That is the only restriction really. If you are coming PM myself of SOB for the address.

Obviously bring some beer to sample. Food? We will probably grill out. Either myself or SOB will finish brewing early and cook for and assist others.

I plan on brewing (and start drinking) as soon as people show up. Then I have a big pork loin to grill out. If everyone wants to bring something for a side that would be great.

What time of the day are we talking?

Back