What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
my Horehound Belgian Strong.

0122131849.jpg

Hop Wallop. Havent had it in a while. Yep.Still amazing. One of my top 5ish alltime favorates still also.

H_Wallop.png

Brown shugga lagunitas... anyone else notice all the floaties in these?

I get that often in many good beers,like Green Flash for instance,Two brothers, Bells-sometimes etc..... Just depends sometimes. I dont have that in my sixer of brown sugga,sometimes you just gotta look at the bottem and pour them homebrew style.:mug: especially if you see it broken up and floating around in the bottle. Most of the time it only seems to effect the appearance and not taste,but sometimes it does do something to the taste.

DisturbdChemist said:
I've been waiting for this to show up in my area since its release. Go big or go home. Going big tonight. 16.2% yummy

DisturbdChemist,
Where did you find that beauty?

BTW: I'm Aryn Brewer's other half. The one trying to settle on an IPA recipe that I need for an event in April.

I've been waiting for this to show up in my area since its release. Go big or go home. Going big tonight. 16.2% yummy

I thought that stuff was nasty. Smelled nothing like a stout and tasted like paint thinner. I like all of Avery's standard beers, but most of their dictator series and demons of ale beers are terrible. It seems like they're just trying to make beers with as much alcohol as possible, instead of making beers that taste good.

Very nice! I had that once when I was on temporary duty in Virgina and it was only 15.xx% I got bamboozled! Seriously, though I thought it was great beer and would love try it again. I've seen other Avery offerings around here, but not that one. :(

DisturbdChemist,
Where did you find that beauty?

BTW: I'm Aryn Brewer's other half. The one trying to settle on an IPA recipe that I need for an event in April.

I actually found these at HEB. I see the demon series everywhere around here. It doesn't fly off the shelves. I've been waiting for a year for the next batch. I still have a bottle of last batch I might try or open in a decade lol.

I thought that stuff was nasty. Smelled nothing like a stout and tasted like paint thinner. I like all of Avery's standard beers, but most of their dictator series and demons of ale beers are terrible. It seems like they're just trying to make beers with as much alcohol as possible, instead of making beers that taste good.

I don't think so. I drink bourbon strait and alcohol doesn't effect me like burn or bothers me. Is my favorite of the series followed by the grand cru. I love big beers every now and again. If this was bourbon aged it would be amazing. Loved uncle Jacobs and have rumpkin. Waiting for the right time to drink them. I love Avery beers. :)

A little while ago I had my first brew of the year. Bottled my black ipa and tested it out. Good stuff!

ForumRunner_20130122_213135.png

Pretty good, but I don't think I'd call it an IPA. It's very malty and has little hop flavor or aroma that I can detect.

ForumRunner_20130122_195101.jpg

The rest of a bomber of ST Krampus. Hell yes,is good. Im a newbie fan of this beer fo sho.

It's in the single digits here in CT so I figured it would be a great time to break open a bomber of southern tiers back burner barley wine!

Finally just received Descheutes here in Central Illinois and was Super stoked to snatch up a case of the Mirror Pond only to be left disappointed! WTF happened to this beer??? I remembered it being so awesome, but this just tasted undercarbed and blah!!!!! I guess that's what I get for buying a case un-tested and on distant memory!

I really can't say enough good things about this beer. It's 12%, and has that giant stout flavor where your getting socked with rum raisin, coffee, chocolate, but it is also well attenuated to the point where this 750 is going down. I love the huge stouts but some of them are so heavy I really only enjoy about 6 ounces at a time.

image-2069250141.jpg

It's still a really awesome beer! But I also live in Oregon so it's on tap everywhere, rarely buy it bottled. Maybe you just got a bad case.

Dogfish Burton Baton IIPA
Not bad. Bitter when warm (I'm working on the computer and forgot for an hour or so that I was also supposed to be drinking.) Tastes like a 10% IPA. Nothing objectionable about it.

I did notice that the Whole Foods near the house does carry some Six Point cans, but not Resin. I have been trying to explain Resin to people and words fail me.

MoreCowbell said:
Finally just received Descheutes here in Central Illinois and was Super stoked to snatch up a case of the Mirror Pond only to be left disappointed! WTF happened to this beer??? I remembered it being so awesome, but this just tasted undercarbed and blah!!!!! I guess that's what I get for buying a case un-tested and on distant memory!

It's still a really awesome beer! But I also live in Oregon so it's on tap everywhere, rarely buy it bottled. Maybe you just got a bad case.

My first wheat beer ever, Paulaner Hefe-Weizen. Not convinced. Tastes like canned beans to me.... Somebody explain it to me? Or is this bottle old or something?

The other Dust Devil IIPA that Stauff sent me is even better than the first. For starters it poured much clearer than the last time I had it probably due to the few days it spent in my fridge. It also tastes a lot fresher and crisper now and the hop character is coming through much better than last time. I'm glad I got drink this as it was meant to be drunk.

20130123_140200.jpg

Back