POS Capper Failed

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fosgate

Reaction score
I put all 5 gallons of edworts apfelwine in 500ml beer bottles that I use for my hefeweized. Went to cap them with a new Red Baron capper and none would crimp on properly. Tried other 12oz bottles, recycle bottles, different caps made sure I didn't have the 29mm bell on. Checked the 2 steel plates that lock on the bottom collar. Found that the magnet was crooked in the center post so I pulled that out, had to trim it a little to get it to set flat and it still would not crip all the way down the sides. I could pop them off with my thumb. Not my first time using these bottles and caps but just used a different red bottler.

Just finished cleaning out the carboy, returning the brew to the fermenter and rinsing bottles. Thinking I'm going to return this capper but any idea's on a replacement? Perhaps a bench capper? I was looking at the colonna but are these type of cappers not real friendly for kitchen counters?

If the caps were loose,they were either too big or the bell was too big. I hate to think the bottles need an odd size cap?...

Found the problem after borrowing a friends Red Baron. They shipped it with the wrong bell size. It's a size between the 29mm European bell and the standard 26.5mm bell.

Good thing you discovered that. I figured either the bell was wrong or the caps. The bottles being odd was a last resort. At least you can get them to trade it,or send you the right bell.

Unfortunately I cant. I bought it on Amazon and there is no way to contact the seller. However, Amazon already credited me the full amount and gave me labels to print off and drop off at USPS.

Back