Show Us Your Label

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For my pumpkin ale that I made with an Oktoberfest base:

labels_punktoberfest

Punk'toberfest!!! :rockin: :ban: :mug:

sasquatch_steve... i love the pictures. great photography. there are so many awesome labels in here. great work guys.

Very cool, Paulie. Excellent!

(Did you use a steam beer/Cali common for the base?)

Thanks dude, and thanks for the good info on your site. It's been very helpful to a noob like me. That was the original idea but at the time of brewing I didn't have a temp controller, so I used WLP001 California Ale yeast instead of WLP810 the California Common yeast. Next time I will be able to brew it with temp control and use WLP810 so the name will be more fitting. :)

I thought I'd throw mine in. I vectorized a picture of me giving a thumbs up and I think I've finally decided on the brewery name listed. I did a test of the label with ink-jet, and as anticipated, it bled through. I'm going to get some printed with laser tomorrow and I'll post the results when I get the bottles done. All in all, this looks 100x better than my last venture. The color on the bottom half is what Beersmith gives as an SRM estimate, which I've always found to be pretty close. Every beer I do will have a different colored label depending on what's in the bottle.

97A0Cl.jpg

tRBafl.jpg

The label here has been rasterized, but I have it saved as an SVG too.

Okay round #2. Meets my new criteria:

Black + white, so I can print @ home.
Simple
Something basic that I can use for all beers, and just indicate what's in the bottle with an X.

It's a work in progress...
2hf00sk.jpg

I brewed my first batch of beer 21 years ago when I was a junior at Virginia Tech. My second brew was three weeks ago and I went all-grain with a hefeweizen. I have bottled that brew and will be transferring pumpkin ale into the secondary Sunday. Picked up my supplies for an Irish Red today....Hefe label.jpg

Pumpkin Ale2.png

Amherst Red.png

I brewed my first batch of beer 21 years ago when I was a junior at Virginia Tech. My second brew was three weeks ago and I went all-grain with a hefeweizen. I have bottled that brew and will be transferring pumpkin ale into the secondary Sunday. Picked up my supplies for an Irish Red today....View attachment 33722

View attachment 33723

View attachment 33724

I like the template that you have going. Two schools of thought in that every label can be different, or the way that I prefer is your labels, where there is something tying them all together.

Okay round #2. Meets my new criteria:

Black + white, so I can print @ home.
Simple
Something basic that I can use for all beers, and just indicate what's in the bottle with an X.

It's a work in progress...
2hf00sk.jpg

I absolutely love this label! The "this beer is alive" is great!

Newest revision. I actually even have a guy in SD making me some period correct stoneware bottles that I can fill and cork. He's imprinting them with 'Murphy Brewers - Boxborough, MA', which is going to be badass. I'll probably bottle 2, and keep 2 of the bottles empty, in case the others blow up from the pressure. If they come out cool, I'll probably have more bottles made just as keepsakes. My sister is an "antiquey, knick-knacky" person, and wants one just to have around.

websample2.jpg

I haven't started on a label for any of my beers yet, as I am a home brew virgin, so I am still collecting all the information to be had, but I did reach out to bmbox12 to have him build me a 24 pack box with this logo laser etched on the side of the box..

beerlogo2.jpg

I've been TripleNad across many forums covering many different topics of interest since 1998, so I have continued the "German name" into my home brews. We'll see if the name sticks and actually makes it onto my beer bottle labels. :)

^^ That is neat!

I'd lose the Inked God font though, it's too fancy and in-line. Try it with a font called "salvation" - I think it's messed-up looking enough that it would fit nicely.

Okay, I think I'm done now. Settled on a brewery name (didn't bother to check if it's taken, and I don't care:ban:).

Whipped up a logo and a label that I can just change the beer name and description on, like this:

smoked_porter.jpg

apfelwein12.jpg

Well, lay it on me boys - I need to know how to make it a little better.

^^ That is neat!

I'd lose the Inked God font though, it's too fancy and in-line. Try it with a font called "salvation" - I think it's messed-up looking enough that it would fit nicely.

Can't find said font, where do I look for it.

Pappers_ said:
:off: That's a great site. I've never used any fonts other than those that came with photoshop - any clues/tips on how I go from downloading the fonts from dafonts.com to installing them in photoshop? Thanks!

Mac or pc? If Mac, download the file, double click on the folder and it will unzip. Open the new folder it created, and double click on the .ttf or .otf file and click install font.

No clue on a pc

Storm King is a sizable mountain in the hudson highlands, directly across the river from us:
StormKing.png

We have absolutely endless amounts of poison ivy in the summer, and this is probably going to become my go-to drunken lawnmowing option:
LeavesOfThree.png

This is a batch of lighter saison I did from extract for my daughter's first birthday celebration/housewarming coming up in a few weeks (it means "the littlest bear"), it's finishing conditioning now:
ourson.png

This is in the bucket, just a regular brown ale, but the brick images are from a long defunct local abandoned brickyard in the eagle sanctuary, these bricks are EVERYWHERE in the woods down that way:
brickyard.png

I did what was supposed to be a tripel, but I got my water additions wrong, so it's too weak to be one, but it is an overweight blonde... so:
blonde_obeses.png

We live on the hudson, which flows both ways, even 60+ miles north of the harbor, hence the title. Image is from the Chicago exposition of 1906, I believe:
wrongway.png

FORGIVE the spell-checker underscores... this was just taken as a screenshot from the cheapo powerpoints I put together to make these.

:off: That's a great site. I've never used any fonts other than those that came with photoshop - any clues/tips on how I go from downloading the fonts from dafonts.com to installing them in photoshop? Thanks!

On windows 7 download, click font packet and click install.

Back