Oasis experiment.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

venquessa

Reaction score
I took a 350ml bottle of Oasis (still strawberry fruit juice) and added a pinch of beer yeast. Just to see what happens.

12 hours later it smells like something is happening, but from the looks of it, the yeast has just settled out at the bottom. It doesn't have an airlock just a loose fitting lid but there is no foam or scum on the top, suggesting no fermentation yet.

Any idea if it's likely to do anything?

BTW, I don't expect it to be drinkable. Just wanted to see if it would ferment.

Well, hmm... Stabilizer E452, Acidity Regulator E331, Preservatives E202 E211, Sweeteners.

The rest is natural fruit and vegetable juice, flavourings or concentrates.

I'm guessing, finger in the air, but the Preservatives are most likelt designed to kill infections which may include my yeast.

I suppose to even have a chance of this experiement doing anything I'll need to look in the refrigerated section of the super market for pure honest fruit juice without artifical preservative etc.

That would be my assessment as well. Some juices only have ascorbic in them, and can still be fermented.

Back