Oatmeal Stout Damned Kids Oatmeal Stout (AG)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sitting in a tub, bubbling happily away! But I too forgot the lactose. So I still add the same 1/2 pound? And I do it in the secondary? Or when and how can I add it?

Thanks

I got a second place (behind a GREAT RIS) with this beer. And that is after lagering it and some other wacky stuff. For an oatmeal stout, this recipe will win.

Thanks Rhoobarb.
Cool! That's really great. I guess I need to brew this again myself!

Yes, adjust the mash/sparge to your system. I have since replaced the mash tun and usually brew ten gallons, so I will be adjusting next time I brew this.

About to brew this... Looks fantastic and figured I'd revive the dead - getting cold, time for stout!

I have an Oat Stout house beer I brew that I love, but I've been dying to try toasted/roasted oats, plus I think the Carafa will make this drinkable quicker!

I'm probably going to use 2 different yeast strains though:

1762 makes a killer Belgian Stout (ferment at 64 for slight plum and dark fruit esters)

and

yeast #2 contemplating:

Wyeast 1469 West Yorkshire

It will produce famously balanced beers with a full chewy malt flavor and character, but finish dry with moderate nutty and stone-fruit esters.

but also still thinking of 1056/US-05 as it is a fast and super reliable fermenter, producing solid beers.

Back