how much did you pay for your sanyo kegerator?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bkov

Reaction score
i see a lot of people have a sanyo4912 kegerator and wondering how much everyone paid total for their setup

Sam's Club has a danby for $475. Comes with everything, works great (I have 3 ball lock kegs in mine). And inspite other threads saying these are junk, mine has been working for 3 years, and 3 of my friends have had theirs for at least 2 years.

They work great, keep the beer at 36 up to what ever, and are good to go the day you buy them. They even have a stainless steel front, so they look nice.

Breakdown is as such

Sanyo - $180 - on sale 10% off coupon
Tower and hookups - $75 - Yea craigslist
Co2 Tank and Regulator - $50 - Thanks Craigslist again
Misc connectors and hardware - $20

Total = 325.

But I spend 3 months waiting for the various pieces to become available on craigslist and go on sale, if I wanted it the same day it probably would have cost me about $450

I found two Sanyos on CL this last fall and paid an average of $65 a piece for them. I haven't converted either of them, but I've been using them for fermentation, and I bought all the parts for one setup.

The 5lb gas tank I got pretty cheap on CL for around $20, bought a new dual regulator at $75, and a cheap tower on eBay for $85. Connectors and tubing around $20.

So not counting the cornies, my total from above is aprox. $265. Of course I have no warranty on the Sanyo, and it could go out tomorrow, but I have a backup.:mug:

I found two Sanyos on CL this last fall and paid an average of $65 a piece for them. I haven't converted either of them, but I've been using them for fermentation, and I bought all the parts for one setup.

The 5lb gas tank I got pretty cheap on CL for around $20, bought a new dual regulator at $75, and a cheap tower on eBay for $85. Connectors and tubing around $20.

So not counting the cornies, my total from above is aprox. $265. Of course I have no warranty on the Sanyo, and it could go out tomorrow, but I have a backup.:mug:

None of us have warranties on our sanyos. I'm pretty sure cutting a big hole in the top voids that warranty pretty quickly.

Does anyone know where in Canada I could pick up a Sanyo? I was eying up a danby but they are smaller then the sanyo's. I would like to get my 20# tank and 2 cornies in the fridge but that won't happy with a danby.

Does anyone know where in Canada I could pick up a Sanyo? I was eying up a danby but they are smaller then the sanyo's. I would like to get my 20# tank and 2 cornies in the fridge but that won't happy with a danby.

you won't be able to fit a 20# tank in the sanyo either. you can fit 2 cornies and a 5#tank.

Sam's Club has a danby for $475. Comes with everything, works great (I have 3 ball lock kegs in mine). And inspite other threads saying these are junk, mine has been working for 3 years, and 3 of my friends have had theirs for at least 2 years.

They work great, keep the beer at 36 up to what ever, and are good to go the day you buy them. They even have a stainless steel front, so they look nice.

it comes with a 3 draft tower for 3 kegs?

I love CL! I just picked one of these up last night; Gonna build it out for my dad. It was 75. Last week i got a single tap tower and regulator for 75, plus the week before i found a 5# tank and 1 cornie with all the fittings for 20. Total so far 170. I am gonna get a tower additon shank, gas Y spliter, and a sanke tap for his Pabst. So with all that it would get it up to ~230 for the whole deal. Now I just have to build it and fill the one keg w/ homebrew for my dad...he can buy his own PBR.

65 for the fridge.. I cant remember the rest of the breakdown... prob 600-700 if you consider all the kegs...

i built a dual tap from a Danby mini fridge.

fridge: ~250$
tower/plumbing: ~150$
2 used kegs: ~70$
5lbs co2 tank: ~90$
wye regulator: ~30$

Back