Military brewers?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
god damn airforce.....:cross:

Been retired 10 years now, Army. Back in the day with health and welfare inspections I could not see this happening in the barracks. I moved off post as soon as I hit E-6 (single back then) so I could do whatever I wanted then. And had I brewed back then I would have!

They really allow you guys to do this in the barracks?!

Paulgs3 said:
god damn airforce.....:cross:

Been retired 10 years now, Army. Back in the day with health and welfare inspections I could not see this happening in the barracks. I moved off post as soon as I hit E-6 (single back then) so I could do whatever I wanted then. And had I brewed back then I would have!

They really allow you guys to do this in the barracks?!

I don't live on base anymore. I rent a house now but as long as you were 21 I don't remember any rules that would keep you from fermenting in your dorm/barrack and boiling in the common room kitchen. You'd probably have to stick to extract though. Pretty sure propane tanks aren't allowed.

My dad took up brewing when he got out of the Navy seabees in the Philippines. By the time I came along,we were drinking his stouts.
My brother was in the Marines,& liked brewing stuff with pumpkins. So I'm just the result of this upbringing.

Scott AFB, Illinois. I intend to retire here, obtain an MBA from SIUE, and then make use of the self-distribution allowances. Possibly settle on a brewpub model someday.

Sergeant USMC, been out for a year but stationed in Ohio because the wife is an officer recruiter out here.

My bad. I did a search before I posted and nothing came up. I don't think the search option is very reliable on the homebrew talk app for android.

I don't even think our search works on the "brewspace/groups" part of the forum. Our post count isn't even read over there. I just wanted you guys to know that there was a place for you all to call your own over there.

I never served, but my dad was a double bronze star recipient during WWII.

My esteem for those who have served and do served is beyon measure.

:mug:

(I'm fricking even tearing up just posting this...but then again I am a wee bit drunk right now...and I get all emotional when I've been drinking.)

I don't even think our search works on the "brewspace/groups" part of the forum. Our post count isn't even read over there. I just wanted you guys to know that there was a place for you all to call your own over there.

I never served, but my dad was a double bronze star recipient during WWII.

My esteem for those who have served and do served is beyon measure.

:mug:

(I'm fricking even tearing up just posting this...but then again I am a wee bit drunk right now...and I get all emotional when I've been drinking.)

Thanks Revvy. Coming from an esteemed individual such as yourself, that really does mean a lot. Cheers!

TSgt @ Mountain Home AFB. Started brewing in June. Don't know if the wife can top this Father's Day present.

Canadian Forces. Combat Engineer with 4 years in, 1 tour to Afghanistan. just about to start brewing, gotta wait for the funds to get my equipment and I cant wait.

Does retired military count? If so, 20 yrs and 26 days in the Navy. Started out as a AD then cross rated to a AS. Spent 15 yrs in the security police field (9545).

12 years Active Duty AF, stationed at a Navy base in Dahlgren Va..Been brewing about a year

Keith_Mahoney said:
Nice place, I left there in 2007 and want to get back there after this assignment in order to retire there.

I really like it here as well. Been stationed here for over three years now.

Vet here too I've been out 3 years but did my first brew while stationed at elmendorf afb AK I was in 6 years got out as a Ssgt and did my 3 trips in the sand box I was crew chief on C-130s

11 yr Capt USMC 29 Palms, CA

This is a longshot. My son is a new Marine, stationed at 29 Palms. Lives next door to a Captain with around 10 years in... Longshot I know, but maybe you guys are neighbors? Probably not, which is more likely.

OoRah Devil Dogs!

Me, homebrewer. Retired Navy Senior Chief, served for 26 years. Go Navy!

8 years AF, currently in the 'Stan.

3 months left till i get back home! Boy do I have some brews planned!

8 years AF, currently in the 'Stan.

3 months left till i get back home! Boy do I have some brews planned!

I'm guessing 'Stan" means Afghainistan (sp) Thank you and your's for your service to the USA.. Get home safely and hug your family, A LOT! Then brew some beer!

Also, Thanks go to your family for their sacrifices and service to our US of A!

Edit: This post is to all Vets! Thank you all. God bless you.

5 years Officer and the last 11 as a Warrant. Best decision ever made. Alaska Guard for the last 7 years.

Yep, I've been proudly serving in the USAF and proudly brewing since the early 90s.

Just PCS'd to Spain and I'm trying to figure out how to get ingredients here without paying through the nose to have them shipped from the US. Anyone have any experience with that in Spain or elsewhere in Europe?

Thanks,
Radome

Latest posts

Back