Making Heineken and Peroni. Know the Ingredients?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jusssste

Reaction score
I have tried these beers and really liked them. I'm new brewer I would like to try and make it. Does anyone the type of beer they are or the ingredients for them?

I have tried these beers and really liked them. I'm new brewer I would like to try and make it. Does anyone the type of beer they are or the ingredients for them?

They are lagers, so they will be mostly pilsner malt, use lager yeast, and need to be fermented cold.

I hate to be a beer snob, but don't you want to shoot for a little something higher than Heineken and Peroni?

If he likes those two beers, then why not try to brew one?

I hate to be a beer snob, but don't you want to shoot for a little something higher than Heineken and Peroni?

If you hate to be a beer snob, then don't. Theres nothing wrong with those beers, assuming you get them before they skunk from light.

People's tastes are their own. Just because you don't like a beer doesn't mean its bad.

If you hate to be a beer snob, then don't. Theres nothing wrong with those beers, assuming you get them before they skunk from light.

People's tastes are their own. Just because you don't like a beer doesn't mean its bad.

Sorry, I forgot to put in the smiley. I was just joking.

I also wanted him to know since he was a beginner and didn't know what kind of beers they were, that he needed a lagering setup for his system which I doubt he had.

Peroni and Heineken can be good beers if you can catch them before they skunk up.

But I'll have to agree with the previous posters to say that this would be a tough job for a beginner. I'm 5 batches in and I'm scared to try a lager (especially since I don't have the extra equipment).

a few months ago i did a ligth ale with 40% rice, let it ferment 1 week in primary and 2 in sec. it was very clear, then i bottle it in heineken bottles and let them close to the basement window to get light. after 4 weeks they taste skunk just like heineken.
Of course it was not a clone, but it was a heineken-taste-like beer made by myself.

Back