Best CO2 to KEG Tubing

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cranford803

Reaction score
It has been recommended to me for the KEG to FAUCET tubing to go with 3/16" insted of 1/4" tubing for a better pour. Which size should i use for the CO2 to KEG tubing and how much in extra length will i need? Ive been told a good 3' extra is needed for the CO2 to KEG line. Also, what type and where to you recommend buying this tubing? thanks in advance!!

The size and the length of the gas line from your CO2 tank to the keg doesn't really matter in the context of most home brewer use. Most of us use 1/4" ID tubing simply because it is what is commonly available. The more critical line is the beer line from the keg to the tap. You can get both at any home brew supply store, online or local.

I used 3/16" for beer line, and have about 6' to the faucets. This is where the length matters, to provide some resistance for a slower pour, to avoid foaming.

I used 1/4" for gas line. No extra is required past what is handy to remove the keg from the frig, to remove the quick disconnect.

I set my reg to about 14psi. Pressure is related to serving temp and type of beer, but for general use on most beers, people use between about 11-14psi; personal preference is also to be considered.

Check the handy Sticky for other info on Kegging, at the top of the Kegging Forum.

I used the Red 5/16 tubing for my gas lines. Cut them as short as would possibly work to keep things little more organized than having a mess of tubes everywhere.

Back