I just got 5 lbs of wild honey....

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RedOctober

Reaction score
I want to use in combination with a extract kit. Any ideas?

I know I can make a mead, but I'm looking to add it to a beer.

Thanks in advance

could do a honey wheat, check the forum recipes, or some places like northernbrewer.com recipes breakdown whats inside. they could at least give you some ideas. only thing is, you wont get much honey flavor by using it. i've added a pound or two to a Pale Ale a few years ago, it just kicks the OG up some.

When I hear mead, I think in months/year. I dont know too much about mead, maybe if there was something that could be completed in 2-3 months I'd consider it. The thing is I really dont want to tie up a carboy too long.

You've got enough to play with.

Try a kolsch kit...Add a pound or 2 to the fermentor (after it's been cooled) it seems to lend a nice honey nose as well as a distinct crispness to the brew.

Also depending on how robust the flavor of your wild flower honey (the stronger the better) ....add 2 or 3 pounds to a brown or a porter. Make sure to add some maltodextrin to try and maintain some mouth feel...the honey will thin down your beer considerably.

***EDIT!
You could make Mead:D

Back