Where are the corny keg deals at?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

-MG-

Reaction score
I've been scouting my local craigslist for months now without seeing anything come up for awhile.

ebay has a variety of options, best I've seen shipped is a pair for $48 each.

This listing:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Kegco-KEG-5...640?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item1e7794ed38

Comes up to $85.14 shipped per keg for a brand new one.

Not sure if I want to bite the bullet there, but for $35 more per keg, it could be worth it to get new.

I've been watching out for some kegs too, seems all the good deals have gone the way of the dinosaurs. For ball locks anyway.

Even for pin locks on ebay they are at $41 each. I haven't looked at latest prices, but to convert them is more than the difference with the ball lock kegs.

There was a guy on my local craigslist back in Dec that had em cleaned, new orings etc for $35. Now he's at $55, 2 months later. Go figure.

The best I could find was from a wholesaler and that was about $45 per keg for ball locks with freight from FL to MN. That quote was based on pallet qtys of 60 though too.

Sometimes you find good deals. I got a BOGO deal at Midwest over the holidays. Used ball locks were $50, so $25 each (limit 2). But you had to spend $100 in the store to get the deal, which I was going to do anyway.

But in general they are very hard to find for good deals anymore. I have 4 and need 6 or 7 long term.

im driving 10 minutes from my house today to buy 4 5 gallon ball lock cornys and a 15 gallon keggle

the 5 gallon cornys are 35 each - score

and the 15 is 55 - also score.

Inflation sucks. I have bought all of my kegs for less than $30 each. 1 from a buddy. 2 from CL, and 3 on Black Friday from KegConnection. SWMBO doesn't know about them but I considered $28 each an investment that I couldn't afford to let go. Based on my viewings of freezers, keg shells, and CO2 on Craigslist over the past 5 months, Homebrewing seems to be causing a stir and much demand.

My suggestion is: If you find a good deal, take it as far as you can go. Those 3 i scored on Black Friday are increasing in value more than my 401k right now.

I've messed around on ebay and CL looking for kegs when I first started looking. I dont even mess around anymore and always buy them from homebrewing.org. I've bought 6 kegs off there and I know they hold pressure and are of good quality. Might be 5 to 10 bucks more than ebay but hey its worth saving the headache to me.

http://www.homebrewing.org/5-Gallon-Cornelius-Keg-Ball-Lock_p_70.html

I've messed around on ebay and CL looking for kegs when I first started looking. I dont even mess around anymore and always buy them from homebrewing.org. I've bought 6 kegs off there and I know they hold pressure and are of good quality. Might be 5 to 10 bucks more than ebay but hey its worth saving the headache to me.

http://www.homebrewing.org/5-Gallon-Cornelius-Keg-Ball-Lock_p_70.html

If you buy a couple the shipping doesn't seem to go up too bad. For 4 kegs shipped from them it would be $55.15 a keg to me.

If you buy a couple the shipping doesn't seem to go up too bad. For 4 kegs shipped from them it would be $55.15 a keg to me.

Yea I usually throw in some grain or PBW whenever I buy kegs from them. I end up saving on shipping vs a lot of other sites.

Sent 8 to scrap sucks. I just order a keg setup for $270 canadian with expresspost. Couldnt find too much cheaper because of the shipping.

My LHBS owner told me that kegs are drying up and that within 6-12 months all the deals will be gone and we will need to buy new ones. Maybe the price of new ones will come down a bit. I just bought 4 from Beveragefactory.com for $250 shipped.

My LHBS owner told me that kegs are drying up and that within 6-12 months all the deals will be gone and we will need to buy new ones. Maybe the price of new ones will come down a bit. I just bought 4 from Beveragefactory.com for $250 shipped.

That is B.S. they are using to get you to jump and buy from them. Damn I'll stick with McEver Distributing $112.00 for 4 ballock and $52.00 shipped to WI

beaksnbeer said:
That is B.S. they are using to get you to jump and buy from them. Damn I'll stick with McEver Distributing $112.00 for 4 ballock and $52.00 shipped to WI

He didn't have any either and hasn't been able to get any for a few months, I wish I knew about that place you get them from I would have bought 8 for what I paid for 4.

Hah! How long ago was that? Early last year I reckon. He is upper $40's now on them. I had him quote me 180 kegs and he was $42 a piece plus freight. He is out of the "B" grade ones and only has "A" grade left. I think he was selling the "B" ones for $28 each about a year ago. Those are gone now.

Look around and see if there are any smaller independent soda companies in your area. There is one near me and they still use corny kegs that they will sell for $35 out the door.

Just got 8 Grade A kegs from McEver Distributing for $38.00 each this week. One is a questionable Grade A. He told me the Grade A's are running out but he had plenty Grade Bs for $32.00 each plus shipping

My 8 came to a San Diego business for $78.00

Toy4Rick

Just got 8 Grade A kegs from McEver Distributing for $38.00 each this week. One is a questionable Grade A. He told me the Grade A's are running out but he had plenty Grade Bs for $32.00 each plus shipping

My 8 came to a San Diego business for $78.00

Toy4Rick

I just called them up and didn't sound like they have anymore Grade A. He has the Grade B's for 32.99 plus shipping. He said they won't ship anymore than around 4 kegs.

Emailed them to get the official shipping quote.

I just called them up and didn't sound like they have anymore Grade A. He has the Grade B's for 32.99 plus shipping. He said they won't ship anymore than around 4 kegs.

Emailed them to get the official shipping quote.

That is effffed up. I contacted him back in November and he said he won't get anymore B's, but he has tons of A's for ~$45 a piece plus freight.

That is effffed up. I contacted him back in November and he said he won't get anymore B's, but he has tons of A's for ~$45 a piece plus freight.

Try him again. He can sell me each tank for $32.99 and fedex to my business is only $26. That's $157.96 for 4 kegs = $39.49 a keg. I'm happy and this will bring my stash now to 10 kegs!

Patience and Craigslist is key. Just got 8 ball locks with over 15 QD's, 5 new lids, about 20 posts. And a bag of new o rings all sizes. $200. Woohoo

Patience didnt work for me. Checked my local craigslist for about a year with maybe 2 post about corny kegs and they weren't great deals. They were asking going rates. Must be alot of homebrewers in my area. Finally just bought mine from adventures in home brewing. 4 pin locks came to $31. Another $18 to ship them. Very happy with them.

orangemen5 said:
Patience didnt work for me. Checked my local craigslist for about a year with maybe 2 post about corny kegs and they weren't great deals. They were asking going rates. Must be alot of homebrewers in my area. Finally just bought mine from adventures in home brewing. 4 pin locks came to $31. Another $18 to ship them. Very happy with them.

$31 each my bad.

Is it important to get pressure release valves? I found a really good deal 4 ball locks for 140 and/or 180 for them with PRVs... I'm builing my Keg set up finally and still learning.

In 6 months, you will be thinking that $49.00 was a great deal...!!!

Buy now...buy often...they ain't gonna get any cheaper boys and girls.

So I ended up dropping $345 on a 4 keg system which came with the tubes, disconnects, kegs with prvs, picnic faucets (to start) and such on Midwest supplies.

I found a 10% coupon code to negate the shipping and took off the 5# CO2 tank because I found someone in my area selling a 20# tank for just $45.

Hoping this was all a good deal...

Below has a big sale on used Kegs right now however the shipping was hefty for myself.

http://www.homebrewing.org/Set-of-Four-5-Gallon-Ball-Lock-Kegs-No-PRV_p_3547.html?AffId=160

In 6 months, you will be thinking that $49.00 was a great deal...!!!

Buy now...buy often...they ain't gonna get any cheaper boys and girls.

That's what I told my wife when I picked up 4 more ($25/each) last month.

Back