Dry Kits

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

oxford brewer

Reaction score
For a few brews now if have tried a style called Brupaks(Brewers Choice Traditional IPA is a dried ingredients beer kit using Tea bag technology. No boiler is required. A wll hopped Pale Ale in the style shipped to India in the 19th Century. a 5 Gallon kit that can be made as a light session beer, medium bodied or full bodied Premium beer.).As this system uses grains and hops in bags and mixed with 6 litres of boiling water, then with a large bag of malt extract(top up to 40pints with cold).
Could i not just replace the hops and grains they supply you with and use different styles in muslin bags?:confused:

colin

Absolutely. No matter what style of beer you brew, as an extract brewer you will find the need for bags both for your steeping grains and hops. It doesn't matter if you're brewing a light blonde ale or a rich barleywine, you will want those bags.

I presume you are relatively new to the hobby? I welcome you.

Back