Ok, mismatched equipment...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Homercidal

Licensed Sensual Massage Therapist.
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I started kegging with good intentions, but it seems that I'm somehow managed to acquired a bunch of equipment that doesn't go well together.

1 - Pinlock keg (was going to go pinlock until the place I get my corneys decided to switch suppliers and now only offer ball locks)
2 - Ball lock kegs (I ended up liking the ball locks better anyway...)

1 set pinlock connects threaded 3/8 gas, 1/4 beer
1 set ball lock connects barbed 1/4 gas, 1/4 beer

CO2 has 3/8 barb...

How did I get into this mess, and how do I get more organized?

1. Sell the pinlock set on craigslist and buy another ball-lock keg.

2. Make a manifold with a 3/8" barb inlet and two 1/4" outs, connect to regulator with 3/8" hose.

Sell one keg and replace it with your preferred or go hybridized with barb to FFL swivel nuts and flared end disconnects.

Like mentioned before on the gas use the barbs to connect to a manifold and the use flared fittings for gas to keg connections.

I have this and think it's great.

I think my LHBS would swap that keg for ball lock. I bought all of them there. If someone were close enough I'd sell it to them for $30. It's got new O-rings and everything connectors, and only used once (actually, it's still full but the beer stays...)

Good idea on the Gas line. I was going to split it anyway. I'll stop at hardware on the way home and get the T.

I couldn't get what I wanted to get it all hooked up right, but I did get an adapter to get the gas going, so at least I was able to serve my Michigan Brewing Company High Seas IPA last night. Having good beer on tap in your own house is just wrong... ;)

Back