Peach wine yeast recommedations?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Honda88

Reaction score
hey everyone, just looking for some yeast recommendations for peach wine. I was thinking maybe cote des blancs or d47... And also if anyone has a really good recipe to share that would be appreciated...thanks

I have peaches freezing to break up, I am planning on pitching Cote de Blanc.

Unless this thread turns up something highly recommended.

Sub'd

okay I was thinking Cote des Blancs aswell. Now if only had a hobby store close to me lol.

What about Montrachet? I was just reading through the thread where you had rhino farts, you mentioned it leaves a tad sweeter wine. I have never used Cote de Blanc, but reading; I thought that it would be perfect for peach, but Montrachet seems like a good runner up, no?

got this from midwestsupplies

"Cote des Blancs is also known as Epernay II. It is recommended for Chardonnay, Riesling, mead and cider, as well as fruit wines, particularly apple. it imparts a fruity aroma in both red and white wines. A slow fermenter that works best between 50 and 80 degrees. This strain will not ferment to a dryness at the low end of the range, leaving residual sugar resulting in a sweeter wine."

Sounds like a winner to me!!!

I suppose you could use montrachet, I just wish there was someone out in cyberspace that has already done it so we aren't just shooting in the dark.

I would not use Montrachet with peach wines because peach wines already are prone to rhino farts and Montrachet will just exacerbate the situation. I have used lalvin 71b and lalvin 1116 in peach wines and they make nice dry wines. If you want a sweeter wine the I would try cote de blanc.

k, so far we have two people saying 1116 turned out well but is their anyone out there who has actually used cote des blancs on a peach wine yet??

k, so far we have two people saying 1116 turned out well but is their anyone out there who has actually used cote des blancs on a peach wine yet??

I used CdB in a peach mango wine and a peach mango mead. It was more peach than mango and both turned out just great.

hey everyone, just looking for some yeast recommendations for peach wine. I was thinking maybe cote des blancs or d47... And also if anyone has a really good recipe to share that would be appreciated...thanks

D-47 and Sparkling Peach White Wine

I mixed up another batch this past Monday. Whipped the dickens out of it after each gallon or so, and no farts. This is my third batch so far, and has replaced Apfelwein and Skeeter Pee as my go to, good-drinking easy wine.

Its looks like we have all kinds of yeast recommendations lol....I guess I will probably just try the cdb and see what happens. Thanks for the help

Back