Pump/chiller box complete!!! well almost

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mknox4354

Reaction score
So I finally got my pump/chiller toolbox done except for the water fitting for the chiller and ball valves and camlocks for the pumps. Just wanted to see what everybody thinks of it. It hasnt been brew tested yet but I'll give an update once I do.

image-3592466865.jpg

image-1686011092.jpg

image-310442307.jpg

So I used this a couple times. Only problem I'm having is purging air sometimes. Anyone have any suggestions for a ss ball valve with a air bleeder. I'm having trouble finding one. Here is the finished pic

image-87579597.jpg

Wow, looks like it was a lot of work. But it does look cool only having the fittings sticking out of the boxes. I like it when people think outside the box. Wait, would this be thinking inside the box?

Happy brewing!

It indeed would be I guess ha. Yea I was worried about the weight of the chiller but so far so good

Is your output still pointed downward? If so and you're still having priming issues, you could re-orient the out to point upward. This should help considerably.

Any other issues with those pumps? I have some on order and was planning on doing something very similar to this.

wilfonzo said:
Any other issues with those pumps? I have some on order and was planning on doing something very similar to this.

No not really any problems. Just had to get se to them a little bit. The silver box is just a junction box for where I have the power brought in

So I finally got my pump/chiller toolbox done except for the water fitting for the chiller and ball valves and camlocks for the pumps. Just wanted to see what everybody thinks of it. It hasnt been brew tested yet but I'll give an update once I do.

How did you mount these pumps? Do you have some kind of brackets holding them or just the bolts of the pump head?

Back