Can I use Munton's Gold?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

joeirvine

Reaction score
I am about to embark on my first partial mash after work today. I ordered up all the ingredients for an Irish Red and like a dummy forgot to order the yeast..... The recipe calls for Nottingham. I have a ton of Munton's Gold and Cooper's Ale lying around. Will either of these be find to use? I think from what I under stand the Munton's is a decent all purpose and can be similar to Nottingham.... As for temps is there a way to possibly control the temp while using either of these that could make it come out similar to Nottingham?

joeirvine said:
I am about to embark on my first partial mash after work today. I ordered up all the ingredients for an Irish Red and like a dummy forgot to order the yeast..... The recipe calls for Nottingham. I have a ton of Munton's Gold and Cooper's Ale lying around. Will either of these be find to use? I think from what I under stand the Munton's is a decent all purpose and can be similar to Nottingham.... As for temps is there a way to possibly control the temp while using either of these that could make it come out similar to Nottingham?

Use the ale yeast

Back