can't get a seal on my corney

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aMillionDreams

Reaction score
So far I've:

1) Replaced the O-ring

2) Lubed the crap out of it

3) Tried switching the direction of the lid (several times)

4) Put dimes under the latches to tighten it

and it still won't seal. I can feel the air flowing near the points of the lids. Any advice would be appreciated!

If you have more than one corney start swapping lids. Some cornies will pretty much only seal with 'their lid' on. I guess over the years they get dented or dinged or warped and only the lid they came with will fit just right.

I have one that is finicky like that. Has to be a certain lid, facing a certain way and I have to put it on under a full moon while dancing naked around it. :p

Did you put the lid on a flat surface to look and see if it is bent? Examine the keg opening for any bent areas? Pliers might be in order.

KEG LUBE...I have this problem with one of my corney's, I throw the KL on and it seals perfectly. Then again that was after I hammered some dents out of the rim

One approach that helped me was to apply CO2 before moving the lever on the lid into the locked position. Allowing the CO2 to seal the lid first instead of locking the lid into position prior to pressure.

Back