• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

(Ebay) Cheap Refractometers

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks a ton for the link...I just bought one!!!!!!:ban:Been wanting a Refrac for a while now.....Great price on this one..Read up on it a little,seems to be decent..Thanks again..

I just bought this and got it a few days ago and am very happy with it. My ebay seller's name is "discount_instrument". And it seems he is seventy cents cheaper (not that thats a big deal). Just wanted to chime in and say that it's the real deal...:mug:

I just bought this and got it a few days ago and am very happy with it. My ebay seller's name is "discount_instrument". And it seems he is seventy cents cheaper (not that thats a big deal). Just wanted to chime in and say that it's the real deal...:mug:

I saw those as well. I almost went for the 0-40% brix one then I saw they shipped from Hong Kong and didn't want to wait. The place I got mine is in Torrance, 10-15 miles away. So I just ordered one from them, and with the free shipping I don't have to deal with traffic(LA) to pick it up. I'm expecting it on Friday. Cheers to a good find either way :mug:.
AM

+1 on sharing the find. I passed on a refractometer on sale at Austin Homebrew for the same price a while ago and have been looking for one ever since. Search is over. Thanks again.

I got one off ebay at that price a few months back. I LOVE IT! I now atually take measurements. I was never interested in the nonsense with the glass ones. Congrats on making your life easier! -N_G

It looks like it has the SG conversions on there already. I would imagine you would not have to convert from brix to sg because it is on the scale there. However, you still would have to convert your readings after fermentation has begun. Morebeer has a spreadsheet I believe. IMHO, if you have to convert anyway, I say save the 30 bucks get the cheaper one and get a few lbs of hops or something.:mug:
AM

Update: Ordered yesterday got mine today:ban:
It's the real deal. Great find if I do say so myself. Now to get some distilled water to calibrate.
AM

Been using one for past 4 months or so. Glad to be rid of the hydrometer. Makes readings quick.

I got one from "easylifeproduct". Works great from what I can tell. Brewed an APA with it last week.

I've been looking at these for a while... they don't always do free shipping, but wtf - at that price it would be worth it either way. Gunna have to pull the trigger.

Back