Refilled Co2 tank leaking. New Gauge.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Just built my first kegerator using a door mounted conversion kit from beveragefactory and as I connected the Co2 tank to the brand new gauge it starts leaking out heavily right where the threads are. What could be the problem? Should there be an o-ring on either side?

Are you talking where the regulator meets the tank? Or where the gas flows out? I know my regulator from them had a leak by one of the gas out parts and I had to get some Teflon tape and retape it and tighten it a bit.

Are you talking where the regulator meets the tank? Or where the gas flows out? I know my regulator from them had a leak by one of the gas out parts and I had to get some Teflon tape and retape it and tighten it a bit.

Right where the Co2 tank meets the Regulator. Where you connect the 2 it is almost as if Co2 isnt even going into the regulator.

The required gasket is usually provided with new regulators, typically tie-wrapped or wire-tied directly to the coupler stem. It looks like a flat donut...

Cheers!

They used to give you new gaskets every time you changed tanks, aahhh the old days. You need more gasket, next time your at the gas place or brew shop get another washer/gasket and double them up. In a pinch, I have taken a hose gasket and cut it and that worked great.

Back