Made me a Pineapple mead today

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brew-boy

Reaction score
I was bored today so I made this tell me what you guys think.

A 1 gallon batch

2.25lb Wildflower honey
96oz of 100% Pineapple Juice
Yeast Energizer
Yeast Nutrient
Pectic enzyme
Muntons ale yeast
A blast of O2

I chose the ale yeast so it would not be bone dry I like a medium to medium sweet mead. When finished I will kill the yeast and rack on to pineapple tid bits for a month or so.

I've been dying to make a pineapple mead. You must keep us updated on how the yeasties mind the high acidic must. Also, on how the taste progresses.

I can tell you this morning the area around the carboy smells of sweet pineapple. Wonderful aroma so far I hope this one works out well.

I am intrigued also, my buddy made a pineapple wine and it was the most awful thing. I hope yours comes out much better.

I got a recipe for a Pineapple Melomel that I brewed a while back. Check it out:

3 Gallons Pineapple Juice
1 Gallon Wildflower Honey
3 Cups STRONG black tea
Enough Water to make 5 gallons.

I did use champagne yeast though...

How much pineapple was used? Did the yeast survive? I have tried a 100% pineapple before, but the yeast never got started. The whole thing just died. I thought it was too acidic for them to make it work.

Back