cash burning a hole....

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kcinpdx

Reaction score
I've got a small stash of cash from some ebay sales and am looking to upgrade, but since I am still fairly new to brewing, did not know where the biggest advantage would be. I've got 2 converted Sankes and will getting another for nothing, so keggles are taken care of. I am going to build a collapsible structure in the next month or so. My IC works OK for 5 gal batches but I do intend on going to 10 gal soon. Any advice on upgrades and rationale for one over another?

There is no rationale to brewing upgrades.

You black out for a while, your money dissapears while you were out, and a week later stuff is dropped on your porch with an invoice that amounts to EXACTLY the amount of money you came up missing during the blackout.

I already have a double tier, recirculating, keggle system and I am rationalizing buying a new system that has pre-installed controllers for some level of automation.

Rationale, Ha. Cause I want it that's why.

A pump is always nice but, you have to have other things to connect it so, just a pump is not enough. But it is still nice to have.

I am thinking maybe plate chiller and pump, but fermentation control has also been a hassle lately. I want something other than an extra fridge....

There is no rationale to brewing upgrades.

You black out for a while, your money dissapears while you were out, and a week later stuff is dropped on your porch with an invoice that amounts to EXACTLY the amount of money you came up missing during the blackout.

I already have a double tier, recirculating, keggle system and I am rationalizing buying a new system that has pre-installed controllers for some level of automation.

Rationale, Ha. Cause I want it that's why.

Funny how that works- It's great when you get home and pull out all the goodies! Then comes the pack slip/receipt.... Ohh yea.... back to the new toys :) I mean tools, yes... necessary tools...

thanks for the ideas. I started out kegging and built a kegerator from an Oster 5.0. I may pick up a small fridge for temp controlled fermentation - and make sure it is big enough for the eventual 14 gal ferminator!

Back