Best way to store glass carboys

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chazbeer

Reaction score
Hey fellow home brewers

I love my glass carboys , have about seven and yes sometime they're all full
I'm looking for a way to store them when they are not in use such that they take up as little as space as possible.
I was thinking of staking them some how. If anyone has already figured this out please let me know. If not, I could use help with designing a vertical stacking system out of wood.

Make sure to give them a good cleaning before storage, then tape some foil around the top to keep the dust out. There are only so many ways of stacking cylinders, but if you have the space somewhere, stacking them on top of each other laying flat on their sides is the most compact way. Blankets or towels between them.

Thanks for the inputs

Year I don't have space room on my horizontal shelfs
Thinking of building a columnish type of storage system or a large pez dispenser that pops down from the attack above my garage
Probably over thinking this I know

Use stacking milk crates. Ever seen a delivery water truck? Why re-invent the wheel here.

0037-0407-2719-3351_SM.jpg

Great idea, that would work, I'm guessing the crates are sized for water bottle, I guess I could cut the bottom off a milk crate and use that is I can't find ones that fit?

Back