Clogged Gas Line on Burner

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TRainH2o

Reaction score
A buddy of mine helped me through my first AG session this weekend. It was also my first time using my new keggle.

I brought my hi output burner, that I just used a couple of weeks ago, only to find out that the gas line or regulator is partially clogged. We had to use his low output burner and it took forever to boil 13 gallons of wort.

Any way to clear the blockage? I can't find a replacement gas regulator and line that says it is hi output. Thanks.

Could it be the safety valve on the propane tank? Did you switch tanks?

Could it be the safety valve on the propane tank? Did you switch tanks?

I did just exchange the tank for a full one. Gas does come out of the line, just not nearly like it did. The burner itself, is clear of obstructions.

There is a safety valve built into the on/off valve on the tank that does exactly what you're describing when it trips. It trips when it senses a sudden release of co2, like if a hose would burst. Mine did this once. I shut everything off, disconnected, reconnected and it was fine after that.

I got something in the "nozzle" of mine - the part that actually screws into the burner unit itself. Took it off, blew it out and it worked fine again.

There is a safety valve built into the on/off valve on the tank that does exactly what you're describing when it trips. It trips when it senses a sudden release of co2, like if a hose would burst. Mine did this once. I shut everything off, disconnected, reconnected and it was fine after that.

I tried disconnecting and reconnecting several times but that didn't help. I have a compressor. Maybe I'll see if I can connect the gas line to it and blow a little air in there.

Slowly turn valve on, make sure all connections are tight. Wait 15 seconds or so before attempting to light after turning valve on. This usually prevents safety from kicking in.

Sorry, I meant propane, not co2. :drunk:

On mine if you have the regulator valve on when you turn on the propane the safety valve kicks on and you only get about 1/4 flow. I turn off the regulator and then turn it back on and relight. That always fixes the problem.

Latest posts

Back