Nine breweries opening in the Austin area.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fivehoursfree

Reaction score
On the list are nine breweries in the vicinity, (farthest away is SA) which are all in the planning stages. Some are just a website, some actually have equipment and are making pilot batches now. Should be awesome when all is said and done, as competition and choices for beer drinkers can never be a bad thing.

Thirsty Planet: The Link

Moonlight Tower: The Link

South Austin: The Link

Circle: The Link

Black Star: The Link

Hops and Grain: The Link

Pedernales: The Link

Jester King: The Link

Ranger Creek: The Link

Very Cool. Thanks for the links.

I don't think the Black Star will ever get off the ground though IMHO.

Black star apparently has a location. It better get off the ground or there is going to be hundreds of pissed off people.

Looks like Jester King is the closest to production.

Thirsty Planet is brewing now I think and should be releasing beer any day now. South Austin got their brewhouse earlier this month. Ed who works at Austin Homebrew will be their head brewer, I'm hoping to get a peek at the brewery soon. Hops and Grain, I think has a flawed business model, but hopefully they will make it. Jester King is in construction. I hope Black Star works out because I have some money invested in them. :cross:

Back