Odor in Ale Pail

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bennyd

Reaction score
After I transferred to the secondary today I cleaned up and washed out my bucket. I cleaned out all the gunk and wiped down the inside with a towel. I was careful not to scratch the plastic. I even soaked it in cleaner for awhile. I'm still getting an awfully powerful odor from the bucket. I mean, I don't mind the beer smell but, will this smell affect any future brews that I use this bucket for?

If your gonna switch pails, consider upgrading to a better bottle. They don't have the odor proplem like the pail. But more importantly they are clear and seeing the fermentation is something every brewer should be able to do.

If your gonna switch pails, consider upgrading to a better bottle. They don't have the odor proplem like the pail. But more importantly they are clear and seeing the fermentation is something every brewer should be able to do.

Good advice. Thanks!!

A fermenter is like a woman. Sometimes it might not smell the best, but you still wanna go there ....

Back