perlick slow

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LouBrew13

Reaction score
Is it my co2 tank being low or should I raise my serving pressure? Because I switched from krome faucets to perlick and the beer just pisses out now. First batch through is a milk stout. Almost has a nitro effect.

What's your pressure now? You mention nitro effect, is this beer on nitro? I currently have my first nitro beer going, and using a Perlick tap. My understanding, and what I'm doing, is setting the nitro pressure at 30psi. I'm no expert on nitro, so I could be wrong. But you gotta use more pressure.

It's not on nitro. But the flow is slow and the head is full of nice tight small bubbles which looked great. Perhaps it's that this stout is thicker in body than previous beers and flows slower? It's my first stout on draft and my first beer since switching to new faucets.

What's your pressure now? You mention nitro effect, is this beer on nitro? I currently have my first nitro beer going, and using a Perlick tap. My understanding, and what I'm doing, is setting the nitro pressure at 30psi. I'm no expert on nitro, so I could be wrong. But you gotta use more pressure.

you need a stout faucet with a restrictor to push 30psi...

OP...sounds like a clog, perhaps in the diptube?

I'm still enjoying it just more slowly than the others. I don't feel like tearing it apart and reassembling while full of beer. But I will check when empty.

Back