Guess what I found in my keg of Witbier today!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
bummer...usually i found a little trub and a troll asking for more breer between burps...... :D

fire up the brew machine!

GD:mug:

Yeah. It's time but it's cold outside! I can do 1/2 batches in gbe kitchen.

Worst was moments after the keg kicked a friend texted me to say he was cracking open the bottle I gave him last weekend.

Maybe the Rye Pale Ale in the other keg will hold me over.

Yea , just got home from work and went to look for another scotch ale....its all gone.....bummer, BUT I have 5 gal aging in a carboy!

got 2 Saisons going tonight. brewed both kits together & split with different yeasts. I hate that sound when a keg kicks. one reason I like to have a few "long agers" in bottles.

Funny you posted this. I found my witbier to be fully carbed last night and am now enjoying a delicious rendition of Randy Mosher's recipe spiced with chamomile, coriander, fresh clementine zest, and lemon grass.

MMMMMMM! SOOOOOO GOOOOD! AHHHHHHHHH! REFRESHING!

*annoyingly smacks his lips, closes his eyes, and rubs his belly*

It's ok though. I'll be in your boat probably in about a month when I have drank or given away my supply. 5 gallons is going to Winterfest here in Indy next weekend. I'm hoping the organizers stick me in a dark corner at the end of a treacherous and deadly maze filled with Minotaurs.

Ahh yes....the pipline is a wonderful thing....if it keeps going. I do this all the time, mainly from getting sidetracked with another couple styles I want to brew, and neglect my favorites because I have some already. I need one more burner and 1 more keggle to start doing simultaneous double batch days.

PhelanKA7 said:
Funny you posted this. I found my witbier to be fully carbed last night and am now enjoying a delicious rendition of Randy Mosher's recipe spiced with chamomile, coriander, fresh clementine zest, and lemon grass.

MMMMMMM! SOOOOOO GOOOOD! AHHHHHHHHH! REFRESHING!

*annoyingly smacks his lips, closes his eyes, and rubs his belly*

It's ok though. I'll be in your boat probably in about a month when I have drank or given away my supply. 5 gallons is going to Winterfest here in Indy next weekend. I'm hoping the organizers stick me in a dark corner at the end of a treacherous and deadly maze filled with Minotaurs.

Would you be willing to send me that recipe?

If you had just bottled instead of kegging you could have counted the bottles left and known when to brew the next to keep the pipeline full.:D

Would you be willing to send me that recipe?

[size=+2]Recipe: Kyle's Sharp Wit 10gal[/size]
Brewer: Kyle Alder
Asst Brewer: Erik Howell
Style: Witbier
TYPE: All Grain

Recipe Specifications

Batch Size: 10.00 gal
Boil Size: 13.44 gal
Estimated OG: 1.051 SG
Estimated Color: 4.2 SRM
Estimated IBU: 25.6 IBUs
Brewhouse Efficiency: 72.00 %
Boil Time: 60 Minutes

Ingredients:
Code:
Amt                   Name                                     Type          #        %/IBU         
2 lbs                 Rice Hulls (0.0 SRM)                     Adjunct       1        9.5 %         
11 lbs                Wheat Malt, Ger (2.0 SRM)                Grain         2        52.4 %        
4 lbs                 Pale Malt (6 Row) US (2.0 SRM)           Grain         3        19.0 %        
2 lbs                 Munich Malt (9.0 SRM)                    Grain         4        9.5 %         
2 lbs                 Oats, Flaked (1.0 SRM)                   Grain         5        9.5 %         
1.00 oz               Northern Brewer [9.60 %] - Boil 90.0 min Hop           6        19.0 IBUs     
1.00 oz               Tettnang [3.70 %] - Boil 30.0 min        Hop           7        5.3 IBUs      
0.50 oz               Chamomile (Boil 5.0 mins)                Herb          8        -             
1.00 oz               Tettnang [3.70 %] - Boil 5.0 min         Hop           9        1.4 IBUs      
1.00 oz               Coriander Seed (Boil 5.0 mins)           Spice         10       -             
2.0 pkg               Belgian Witbier (Wyeast Labs #3944) [124 Yeast         11       -

Mash Schedule: Single Infusion, Light Body, Batch Sparge
Total Grain Weight: 21 lbs
Code:
Name              Description                             Step Temperature Step Time     
Mash In           Add 30.25 qt of water at 157.6 F        148.0 F          75 min
Notes:
Ferment at 72F for 2-3 weeks and carbonate @ 3-3.5 volumes of CO2. Drink young. They should only take a week at most to condition in the bottle.

And.... Go to pour a glass of RyePA to enjoy while working on the house and...

GONE!

I don't know whether to laugh or cry.

I have some bottles but it will be a while before anything I brew this weekend will be ready to drink.

To top it off I'm going to see Les Miserable with the wife.

FML

GONE!

I have some bottles but it will be a while before anything I brew this weekend will be ready to drink.

FML

Sounds like "More Miserables" to me... Har har har...

I hate that sound when a keg kicks. one reason I like to have a few "long agers" in bottles.

I have grown to like that sound. I brew more than I can drink and generally I'm happy to see a keg finally kick cause that means the next thing in my pipeline can be tapped. So much beer,so very much beer.

I suppose I could stop brewing every weekend but it's just so much damn fun

I have grown to like that sound. I brew more than I can drink and generally I'm happy to see a keg finally kick cause that means the next thing in my pipeline can be tapped. So much beer,so very much beer.

I suppose I could stop brewing every weekend but it's just so much damn fun

brew more sessionable sessions!

GONE!

FML
This is what happens to me a lot.....i tap a keg and have a couple of beers. Thinking I should still have plenty the following week I pour a beer and its gone!!!!!! What the @#$#!!!!! Oh yeah.....the kids were home from school on the weekend.:drunk::drunk:

I'm glad though because the kids and their friends like the beer.....and i get to keep on brewing.:D:D

I feel for you though.....it sucks to run out of beer

Eric

Normally I'm looking to give some away as it takes me a long time to drink my beer. But this was supposed to get me through the winter until it's warm enough outside to brew. I figure another month and I can stand out in the garage again.

Worst part is I had a very warm day not long ago and I SHOULD have brewed, but instead worked on our house.

Oh well, at least the wife says I should go buy some commercial beer to get me by. Wonder if Adam over at Crankers will fill a corney...

Oh, and the wife agreed that Les Miserables was not all that good. Bit my tongue so hard I bled.

Jim Crank, the owner says I can have a corny filled for $5 over wholesale! Now to decide whether to buy a keg of Crankers beer and have 1 flavor, or buy sampler packs of Arcadia or some other regional craft beer and spend more but have variety.

Kind of like having the ability to pour a half-glass like if it's getting close to bedtime, or if I just want to wash down dinner with a few swallows and might be driving somewhere...

I'll probably buy a keg AND some sampler beer...

Well my good sir,
I am only 12 miles away and you may use the the brew room any time you like!
I have a black lager bottled and ready to drink
I have an Oatmeal lager bottled and ready to drink
I have an English Ported bottled and ready to drink
I have a Centennial IPA bottled and ready to drink plus some Christmas ale and some Columbus Pale Ale a Nugget Pale Ale and a Rye Pale Ale.

If you prefer you can bring your equipment and just use the burners.. however you like... I would be more than happy to take a day off and brew at your convenience! It may not be exactly warm ... 45 with big fan running but better than the -5F it is right now!

Edit: I also have excellent well water to brew with!
I certainly do have enough in the pipe to share... can drop off a couple sixers Thursday! on the way home from work ....

Well my good sir,
I am only 12 miles away and you may use the the brew room any time you like!
I have a black lager bottled and ready to drink
I have an Oatmeal lager bottled and ready to drink
I have an English Ported bottled and ready to drink
I have a Centennial IPA bottled and ready to drink plus some Christmas ale and some Columbus Pale Ale a Nugget Pale Ale and a Rye Pale Ale.

If you prefer you can bring your equipment and just use the burners.. however you like... I would be more than happy to take a day off and brew at your convenience! It may not be exactly warm ... 45 with big fan running but better than the -5F it is right now!

Edit: I also have excellent well water to brew with!
I certainly do have enough in the pipe to share... can drop off a couple sixers Thursday! on the way home from work ....

That is very generous! Don't tell my wife! I may still buy a keg from Crankers if the price is right. but I'll gladly accept a few bottles from you. I have not been let down yet!

I'll PM you about brewing. Maybe we can work it out for within the next week or so!

Back