A question about perfect machines

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm thinking I really should have gone electric instead of propane. Except with propane I can still brew if a sunami hits and all power is out. But then again I live in CA so no sunamis. (I can't even spell it) but we do have earthquakes... hmm.

I store our emergence supplies where hopefully they can be dug out if a earthquake does bring the house down. We have 3 propane tanks; BBQ, patio heater and a spare all stored out side. Hopefully one would be use able...

Tsunami's can (and do) still hit CA... Depending on how far inland (and your elevation) you are it might not reach you.

Usually by the time a Tsunami gets to CA it has been reduced to a strong/severe storm.

My view: nothing is perfect and make the best with what you have

Did you have the concrete slab graded so that it will not have any water left on it? Or did you level it? :eek: :D

I just told hubby that someone asked if we leveled the concrete slab... I didn't even get into anything else with him. He almost blew a stitch laughing.

Okay, it really is both, level and graded, yes, at the same time. I know, seems like an oxymoron. Do I need to keep explaining?

Okay, it's round like the earth it's on, rounded, but still level... Because like I said it's on a hill...

Okay, it's round like the earth it's on, rounded, but still level... Because like I said it's on a hill...
Sure it is... :drunk:
you're confusing.

She's probably just confusing herself more at this point... I can almost hear the steam starting to come out of her ears over this post... :D :D

poke the bear, poke, poke, poke, poke the bear...

There is no steam, I know what I'm talking about... the left side equals the right side, same thickness throughout and it's on a hill. What's so confusing about that?

There is no steam, I know what I'm talking about... the left side equals the right side, same thickness throughout and it's on a hill. What's so confusing about that?

So the parts outside the walls are not graded to allow to allow water to just run-off...

Yup, just saw that puff of steam... :D

Want to know how I got the same thickness in the center as on the edges, on a slight hill? How to make the concrete rise in the center? Do I have to keep explaining myself?

Okay, I admit, I don't know the "right" words for things... is it level or is it graded? It's both, I say!!!

Okay, I admit, I don't know the "right" words for things... is it level or is it graded? It's both, I say!!!

Not possible. At least not in the same spots. If it's level inside, and graded outside, that's possible. Or graded inside and outside, so that water flows in at least one direction.

Is your mind smurfed yet??

Not possible. At least not in the same spots. If it's level inside, and graded outside, that's possible. Or graded inside and outside, so that water flows in at least one direction.

Is your mind smurfed yet??

Yeah, but okay... it's higher in the middle than it is on the edges, so fine, it's graded... but I swear it's also level... because it's even on both sides...

Yeah, but okay... it's higher in the middle than it is on the edges, so fine, it's graded... but I swear it's also level... because it's even on both sides...

Even doesn't mean squat... You can have the same thickness but it's graded.

Do I have to draw you a picture?? Don't answer that. You wouldn't like the picture. :eek: :D

Gangsta_Smurfs.jpg

Okay, fine, it's graded, it's not level.... whatever... I don't even know now why hubby laughed when asked about leveling it, he never said whether it was or not, just laughed. Hmmm.... The fact that I didn't know was funny?

Fine... but I did know where to build it and how to prevent flooding. Does it really matter if I know the right words for it? How is something that is even on both sides not level... okay... If on my scale... to weigh my veggies, the scale equals out, it's level... doesn't matter how high it gets in the center!

Fine... but I did know where to build it and how to prevent flooding. Does it really matter if I know the right words for it? How is something that is even on both sides not level... okay... If on my scale... to weigh my veggies, the scale equals out, it's level... doesn't matter how high it gets in the center!

:smack: If the ground/stone/whatever, that was the bottom of the concrete form was graded in one direction, and then the concrete was then graded the same in the same direction, it will be the same thickness. Keep in mind, also, that the amount of grade for drainage is very slight. So even if the ground under the concrete WAS/IS level, and the concrete was graded, you probably can't tell the difference. Also, if you're just measuring above grade, the ground could have been pushed back against the sides (once you removed the form) and is making it appear to be the same thickness, even though it's not.

This conversation's not level

Are the ones with BL ever?? :eek: :D :drunk:

Are the ones with BL ever??

Okay, before I close out for the night, let me tell you why my good friend is currently in the loony bin.

So one of his family members calls him, asking for the $60 he owes. He says, sorry, ain't got it. His family member says "well, you better come up with it or I'll kill your sorry ass". So my friend says, "Don't worry, I'll just do that for you".

So then he grabs his hand gun, unclips it, walks outside and fires a shot into the bushes, then hung up the phone. Everyone kept calling him, but he wouldn't answer the dang thing. So guess who shows up pounding on his front door? Yep, the cops followed by the men in white coats. LOL....

Okay, before I close out for the night, let me tell you why my good friend is currently in the loony bin.

So one of his family members calls him, asking for the $60 he owes. He says, sorry, ain't got it. His family member says "well, you better come up with it or I'll kill your sorry ass". So my friend says, "Don't worry, I'll just do that for you".

So then he grabs his hand gun, unclips it, walks outside and fires a shot into the bushes, then hung up the phone. Everyone kept calling him, but he wouldn't answer the dang thing. So guess who shows up pounding on his front door? Yep, the cops followed by the men in white coats. LOL....

Somehow, I can't say I'm surprised. A bit surprised that a family member didn't go over there first though... Then again, someone that threatens to kill a family member should have HIS head examined. Family, you don't have to like them, but you have to love them.

Somehow, I can't say I'm surprised. A bit surprised that a family member didn't go over there first though... Then again, someone that threatens to kill a family member should have HIS head examined. Family, you don't have to like them, but you have to love them.

It was too far a drive for the family to come, yeah the cousin or whoever threatened him should be the one locked up... get over $60.00 dude, it's family.

Also, I'm going back to saying it was both leveled and graded, now that I looked up the words and understand them better...

And it's not called graded, we called it broomed... graded implies more than is needed.

How has this thread gone on so long? And Bobbi now that the apocalypse has passed can you please tell me what this machine is?

How has this thread gone on so long? And Bobbi now that the apocalypse has passed can you please tell me what this machine is?

Because we are still here!!

The actual original question was a metaphor so which machine doesn't matter. Since hubby has been sick, seems like all the machines are breaking and I don't know how to fix them. Though actually in some cases I am figuring it out. It's just the custom built ones I'm having trouble with because there are no youtube videos for them.

So this got me thinking about God. If he created mankind perfect, in his image, what happened? How'd we spring a leak? And why is he just standing there watching us leak? In real life people are telling me, BobbiLynn, you just need to put all your faith in God. But why would I trust a fool who calls something perfect, and look around... something doesn't add up.

Is this a metaphor for parenting? If so, I got nothin'.

All the way back to the first reply... yes, yes it is. If you believe God is the father and we are his children.

But I'm going to leave God out of this now, and go fix the tractor myself today.

I'm glad this thread is in the Drunken Ramblings and Mindless Mumbling section. it obviously belongs here.

Yes, just mindless mumbling, got a little angry this morning, mostly at the tractor. Previous comments are no reflection of my actual beliefs, just a frustrating day. I think I'll just sit down and have a homebrew... muster up some strength to get the plow attachment on there right.

Back