What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
so a little off topic, but can anyone tell me if Hopipotimus is decent? I almost picked some up today, but went with Schell's Stag Series Barleywine and the Abrasive.

Home brewed red

ForumRunner_20130328_171832.png

so a little off topic, but can anyone tell me if Hopipotimus is decent? I almost picked some up today, but went with Schell's Stag Series Barleywine and the Abrasive.

Did not that enjoy it. Could've been the cans I got or just me. But did not enjoy them as much as I should've.

nukebrewer said:
Brew Free or Die! I love how bright and crisp the hop character is yet not overly bitter. What bitterness there is is very smooth.

Very nice pic!

Having one now,Liked it better last year.Seems very dry and astringent this time,definatly tastes like 99 ibu's too.The chewy malty sweetness is not there but a soft/ slickness mouthfeel at first then just extremely dry rye with not much other malt character.I dont like the extreme pine bitter with the extreme dryness.May do the job as a winter warmer,but today seems like its officially Spring.

Its worth a try maybe,Im just not enthused or even like it like I did last time. Then again I could be on the verge of a beginning of a cold Im fighting which Im hoping my immune system can beat-havent had a cold in over 2 years. Its all about the gut-flora.

Did not that enjoy it. Could've been the cans I got or just me. But did not enjoy them as much as I should've.

Having one now,Liked it better last year.Seems very dry and astringent this time,definatly tastes like 99 ibu's too.The chewy malty sweetness is not there but a soft/ slickness mouthfeel at first then just extremely dry rye with not much other malt character.I dont like the extreme pine bitter with the extreme dryness. Its worth a try,Im just not enthused or even like it like I did last time. Then again I could be on the verge of a beginning of a cold Im fighting which Im hoping my immune system can beat-havent had a cold in over 2 years.

thanks for the input! Johnny 5, out!

I guess I didn't spend that much today after all! Picked up and FV-13 and a Dark Hollow Sour Devil for me, Terrapin Mosaic and Double Crooked Tree for trading.

Drooling in anticipation of that Mosaic!!! Packing our trade when I get home. Meanwhile the Bells is flowing like water here more Two Hearted and Oberon while the fiancee plays the slots.

If the bar is called Stout, you have to roll with it, right? So far:
Old Rasputin
Left Hand Milk Stout
Young's Chocolate Stout

Oh, and 2 shots of Jameson

I am so freaking dumb, fortunately I'm used to it and it doesn't bother me anymore. The bottle shop I go to has 10 taps. Growler fills are a no-no in NC, but you can sell by the glass at a beer/wine store. They had the Mosaic on tap, I knew it when I got there, somehow forgot, and ordered that stupid Evil Twin I posted instead.

Drooling in anticipation of that Mosaic!!! Packing our trade when I get home. Meanwhile the Bells is flowing like water here more Two Hearted and Oberon while the fiancee plays the slots.

I am so freaking dumb, fortunately I'm used to it and it doesn't bother me anymore. The bottle shop I go to has 10 taps. Growler fills are a no-no in NC, but you can sell by the glass at a beer/wine store. They had the Mosaic on tap, I knew it when I got there, somehow forgot, and ordered that stupid Evil Twin I posted instead.

So no Mosaic? Im confused lol

Having my 5th pint of sweet stout after another trouble free brew day. Not fit for much else though, I'm buzzing really good now....

I got your bottle and then spaced out and forgot to get one on draft for me.

Ohhhhh lol I see! Another Two Hearted here. Seems like this years Oberon is thin in the mouthfeel and taste, a little disappointed. Pretty confident the recipe I wrote for this summer gonna be a better wit than that.

Did I mention that I love beer from Founders? Red's Rye PA... And even SWMBO approved!! Score...
**EDIT** HOORAY finally a proper beer glass!!

Reds rye again.jpg

Back