What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Right now I am sipping on a 7 week old Tahitian Vanilla Porter and I am happy to say it has started to come into its own. I was a bit worried but it is mellowing nicely. I say another month in the keg and I should have a winner here. Worst case the buzz is nice as this ones a bit stiff.:drunk:

mrgstiffler said:
Really? I'm a huge IPA fan and Ninkasi fan, but I really don't like Total Domination all that much.

I've never had a ninkasi before.. soo its a starting point.. but does the job right now!! What's your fav?

mrgstiffler said:
Oatis is my favorite regular of theirs but Sleigh'r is my overall favorite.

The last Oatis I had was very thin. Is there a lack of consistency? Or did I get an off bottle?

My version of a Dumaine Du Page 2 brothers clonish beer. Certainly is not that and despite "thinking i may have had an infection" well going on over a year maybe almost this certainly is not off or overcarbed. But is still a good malty(scottish/french) and somewhat reatained its hop character well .And a pretty peppery/clove s-33 character.It aged well and is probably better than it was then surprisingly. Despite being disapointed it wasnt anything close to the clone,im pretty impressed how it turned out. Just happy I wasnt an" impulse dumper" then and gave this a chance. And a cool thing is its nothing close to anything Ive ever had.

Ballast Point Sculpin IPA = greatness, so complex... I need to stock more.

Sierra Nevada Hoptimum, at 10.4 ABV and 100 IBU this one is a tasty beast.:drunk:

My Märzen, a nice contrast to the hoppiness I experienced earlier.

Hopsickle and Evil Twin. I was definately lied to that the Evil Twin was delivered this week. There was NO hop aroma whatsoever. And it was the hoppiest thing I have. Good thing I've been in a bock mood.

Jolly Pumpkin Oro de Calabaza. This is the first JP beer I've had since its not available where I live. I had to have my parents bring one from Chicago. It's good, slightly sour and fruity. Very low carbonation and thick mouthfeel.

image-3096897069.jpg

I just had Breckenridge 471 IPA and Rogue Morimoto Soba Ale with sushi for dinner. All of which was absolutely amazing.

Since it is Breaking Bad night at my house I went with Founder's Frangelic Mountain Brown... I was lucky enough to get a couple bottles.

Over the past couple of months, I've been a "hop-head." I was looking for something different; less hoppy. So, I decided to try a McSorley's Black Ale. Just what the doctor ordered. Nice balance and a bit of malty bitterness. I've gotta go and grab another....

Lil Sumpin' Wild

LagunitasWild.JPG

72ibus, but drinks like a 50ibu beer. They used one or more types of the cat pee hops. Mild sweetness. Simple grain bill. I can't really tell they used a Belgian yeast or anything wild, but whatever. I suppose it has more yeast character than the typical Cali IPA. It's almost 9%, but isn't harshly boozy.

It's a little rougher than regular Lil Sumpin' Sumpin' on account of the cat pee hops, but not too rough for this occasional IPA drinker. I have not had a bad or even mediocre beer from Lagunitas. This is no exception.

Rogue double dead guy. Meh, its ok. Different than I expected. Maybe I was hoping on more hop aroma and flavor. Very malty beer. Next on the schedule is some honey wheat that I made a while ago. Gotta empty the keg to make room for my amber ale

Back