What Breweries do you Like to visit in the Southeast

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I went to Figueroa Mountain Brewing Co. in Buellton, CA while on vacation this past week and had a great time. I live in Georgia, West of Atlanta and was wondering what breweries in the Southeast do you enjoy going to?

Wondering if Terrapin in Athens does tours? I'm friends with one of the owners since my college days, but I've never been.

Time for a road trip!

There are several breweries in Asheville that I've been to, most notably Highland. Great beers, cool tour.

Cigar City and the largest Yuengling Brewery are here in Tampa Bay, along with tons of microbreweries that you'd miss unless you knew where you were going.

SweetWater is in Atlanta, If you haven't been there yet. I haven't made it there myself yet, but more then likely will be making it out there this fall sometime. R.J. Rocker's is 15 minutes away from me in Spartanburg, and they do tours/tastings every thursday night from 5:00 - 7:00. Pretty cool place. Have an awesome restaurant next door to it as well. Perfect time to grab a few pints then head in for food. Westbrook opened up in Mount Pleasant, SC not long ago too. Heard from a few friends of mine that it's a pretty cool tour. Would love to make it out there as well. I'd also look at what Asheville has to offer, like Topher suggested. There are a bunch of breweries up there.

My random additions: Wedge Brewing and French Broad (both in Asheville) and Coast Brewing (Charleston)...headed to Coast this weekend, actually. Oh yeah -- Yazoo in Nashville is one of my favorites.

I complain about it, but it's actually good that none of these places are particularly close to me. Otherwise I'd be buried in empty growlers. :cross:

Back