Hops found in everyday household item

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brian74

Reaction score
I bought some Tom's of Maine deodorant, which is all natural and without aluminum. When I read the ingredients list, hops was listed. I was kinda excited! Given the antibacterial properties of hops, I can't say that I am all that surprised. GO HOPS!!

That's cool. But what's the concern with aluminum? It's part of an incredibly common anti-perspirant

That's cool. But what's the concern with aluminum? It's part of an incredibly common anti-perspirant

some people believe there is a link btwn Al and Alzheimer's

from alzheimers.org.uk:

"A number of environmental factors have been put forward as possible contributory causes of Alzheimer's disease in some people. Among these is aluminium. There is circumstantial evidence linking this metal with Alzheimer's disease, but no causal relationship has yet been proved. As evidence for other causes continues to grow, a possible link with aluminium seems increasingly unlikely. This factsheet looks at the circumstantial evidence and current medical and scientific views."

Ah, yeah. Ask anybody who uses aluminum brew kettles what they think about the Alzheimer conspiracy :D

Back