The Dysfunctional-Palooza Obnoxious Masshole BS Thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
She was, to be kind, matronly.

Hey, you might like that sort of thing, and if that's what melts your butter, well, good for you. Most of use like them pre-menopausal, but it takes all kinds.

Never underestimate the hawtness of the sounds of brittle pourous pelvic bones crushing under you.

Looks like my trip to Hadley may happen afterall sometime this spring.

Any deep fat fried pig events going on?

I like deep fat fride pig. mmmm.

BBC is close, you might wanna check that out, and Opa Opa is just a few miles away too, just outside of Northampton

Let us know when and we'll pull something together AZ. There's NO WAY you're coming out this way and not waking up in protective custody.

Will do. Already met Cape, so need to do that again. :p

BTW, out west, a "short" drive is four hours or less (booze not involved of course), so distance isn't an issue...

OK, my Bday is almost ova. Where can I get a nice sweet 18 year old to tickle my special parts with her tongue before midnite in the Shire's? She has to be really pretty.

PM me. I'll give you Yeager's number.

Heshe lives too far away. Dont get me wrong, the Canadian Ms whatever contestant would definitely qualify.

So I got a big brew day tomorrow. Two batches. First one is AG the ol fashioned way! Gettin the three tier out for the first time in over two years!

Second is an extract, with grains that I tweaked just a bit.

8+ hours makin bier tomorrow!

Rick,
sounds like we can do this, so I'll bring a bottle of Pliney next Tuesday for the club. The beer now is at basement temperature - about 55 F if I'm guessing (or maybe 55.67834, which I guess is 56). If it looks like it's going to be hot next week, I can bring it on ice. (after reading the text below, I don't know the bottling date right now)

Here's some info regarding the beer from Russian River website:
Pliny the Elder Double India Pale Ale

Pliny the Elder is brewed with Amarillo, Centennial, CTZ, and Simcoe hops. It is well-balanced with malt, hops, and alcohol, slightly bitter with a fresh hop aroma of floral, citrus, and pine. Best enjoyed FRESH! That is why we make it in such limited supply. Actual bottling date is printed on each bottle!

Where did we come up with this name? Back in the year 2000, our friend, Vic Kralj, who owns the Bistro in Hayward, California, decided to have his first ever Double IPA festival. Vic invited 10 breweries, 6 of whom (including us) had to brew something special for him since we had nothing that would fall under this style category. Vinnie had made a Double IPA at Blind Pig in 1994, but was not brewing one at Russian River Brewing at the time. He had an idea for the recipe, but not a name. After much research in beer books, brainstorming, and deliberation, we came up with "Pliny the Elder". Pliny, the man, lived in the first century- 23 to 79 A.D. According to our brewing references, he and his contemporaries either created the botanical name or at least wrote about Lupus Salictarius, or hops, currently known as Humulus Lupulus. That was a very early reference to an important part of any Double IPA! Pliny the beer has now become one of our flagship brews!

Pliny the Elder was immortalized by his nephew, Pliny the Younger, who wrote about his uncle succumbing to ash and smoke during the eruption of Mt. Vesuvius in 79 A.D. while rescuing people. Cheers to the scholar, historian, officer, writer, and Roman Naturalist- Pliny the Elder!

Availability
Pub draft and bottles, local distribution draft and bottles, all distributors draft, West Coast and Colorado bottles, year-round

Original Gravity: 1.070

Alcohol by Volume: 8.0%
Color: Copper
Bitterness: High

Must have missed that raffle...ahem

Long brew day. Up at 5 am, straight to the garage, and was heating water before the coffee was ready. I had set everything up and washed everything out last nite, so I could brew right away. Two batches. AG brown ale and a full boil extract ipa. Finished putting everything away around 3 today. Then the ms made my steamahs and lobstah for the birthday. Now I'm tuckered out, beered up, and stuffed. Burp.

barneygumble said:
long brew day. Up at 5 am, straight to the garage, and was heating water before the coffee was ready. I had set everything up and washed everything out last nite, so i could brew right away. Two batches. Ag brown ale and a full boil extract ipa. Finished putting everything away around 3 today. Then the ms made my steamahs and lobstah for the birthday. Now i'm tuckered out, beered up, and stuffed. Burp.

+1

I get the chacuterie plate every time I come here.

Thy have a local brewery event going on tonight. Greenport Harbor?? Never heard of em. I had their rye saison and that was pretty solid. I have having their "Belgian ale" right now. It is a super thinned out quad kinda beer. It's ok.

I get the chacuterie plate every time I come here.

Thy have a local brewery event going on tonight. Greenport Harbor?? Never heard of em. I had their rye saison and that was pretty solid. I have having their "Belgian ale" right now. It is a super thinned out quad kinda beer. It's ok.

I had the Hopnami last time in NYC, really good IPA

So, as I stated in my last post, got 5 bottles of Pliny coming, and 1 bottle of Napa Smith Brewing Hopageddon which is described as this:

If you’ve ever called yourself a Hop Head, its time step forward and claim your place. A new beer that just came into stock is the Napa Smith Brewing Hopageddon, an end-of-the-world Imperial IPA, oak aged and excessively hopped. This 9.2% ABV Monster glows with 144 IBUs. This is a radioactive explosion of papaya and lychee flavors along with herbaceous aromas, chewy, grassy hop flavors, hints of dried apricot, and impressions of barrel tannins. . . This is what the West Coast does best!

Hopageddon will accomany me to the next brew club meeting

The Bobby Vexperiment seems to be going well. FWIW, I dont care if they go 1-161 as long as those farksticks get taught a lesson on life's priorities. You play baseball for a living. A farkin great living. Shut your mouth, smile, and go play ball. You don't perform, you ride the pine. (Hello Youk.). Time for BV to walk the walk and sit a few guys.

The Bobby Vexperiment seems to be going well. FWIW, I dont care if they go 1-161 as long as those farksticks get taught a lesson on life's priorities. You play baseball for a living. A farkin great living. Shut your mouth, smile, and go play ball. You don't perform, you ride the pine. (Hello Youk.). Time for BV to walk the walk and sit a few guys.

Yup.

Its sad to see Youk fall off the deep end like that, both at bat and in the field. Its like the clock struck twelve for him or something. Pedee seems to be the only one trying. This clubhouse is in tatters. No mental toughness. I hope BV can smarten them up.

But still, I stopped being a fanatic in 86. For me its the Pats, always has been, always will be. From being a little tyke there for the toilet horror in the old beer can, to Fairbanks bailing, to Ron Meyer, to now, its the Pats.

One of my pahtnas thinks the ABCC (state's licensing board) process can take anywhere from 30-90 days but I am skeptical of that. Since the huge firestorm on farmer brewer licenses last year, I heard they are rubber stamping everything as soon as it comes trough the door.

So.... Our time table is anywhere from two weeks to three months.

Cape Brewing said:
One of my pahtnas thinks the ABCC (state's licensing board) process can take anywhere from 30-90 days but I am skeptical of that. Since the huge firestorm on farmer brewer licenses last year, I heard they are rubber stamping everything as soon as it comes trough the door.

So.... Our time table is anywhere from two weeks to three months.

Well get it done!

Are we plannning anything special for 'Opening Day?' I could bring Bertha over and we could smoke up a bunch of ribs in the parking lot. And drink.

Think how much fun it would be, first day on your new system, kinks aplenty waiting to be ironed out and twenty people standing around as your nice new system springs a leak. Yup, twenty guys standing around latching your MLT squirt water our like Bugs Bunny getting shotgun blasted by Elmer Fudd.

You know, I seem to remember that happening to somebody at one of our group brews.

Yeah, the person with the tickets couldn't make the meeting. We'll do it next meeting, if nhwrecker doesn't drink it before then.:drunk:

Hi all - what he said. Had it with me, but things didn't work out. The next meeting isn't posted on the club website, but assuming the 2nd Tuesday, that puts it at May 8th, when I'll be suffering in Key West for work. The Pliney is in my beer fridge right now - so I'm looking for a volunteer that will make sure it gets to the next meeting for the raffle - after all, the stuff must be drunk fresh....

Oh, and don't forget the unsolicited advice! Lots and lots and LOTS of unsolicited advice!

Oh, and peeing in the parking lot, that'll make you real popular with your new neighbors.

Back