• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

1/2" ID 3/4" OD Silicone Tubing

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The tubing is in route, and should arrive Thursday. Unfortunately I do not know how much will fit in each flat rate box so I do not know how much shipping each person will owe. If someone has the same size silicone tubing and can figure this out I can collect payments and potentially get this out the door quicker. Otherwise I plan on figuring out how much tubing will fit in each box Thursday night at which point I can let everyone know what they owe. I will package them up over the weekend and ship them on Monday.

In an attempt to not overload my inbox, could everyone email me their addresses to jerome721 "at" hotmail "dot" com. I will keep people up to date through email.

I am not sure how paypal works for this. I have an account, but is there a way to avoid the fees? I am sure similar buys are done on this site, anyone have experience with this?

jcojr72 said:
The tubing is in route, and should arrive Thursday. Unfortunately I do not know how much will fit in each flat rate box so I do not know how much shipping each person will owe. If someone has the same size silicone tubing and can figure this out I can collect payments and potentially get this out the door quicker. Otherwise I plan on figuring out how much tubing will fit in each box Thursday night at which point I can let everyone know what they owe. I will package them up over the weekend and ship them on Monday.

In an attempt to not overload my inbox, could everyone email me their addresses to jerome721 "at" hotmail "dot" com. I will keep people up to date through email.

I am not sure how paypal works for this. I have an account, but is there a way to avoid the fees? I am sure similar buys are done on this site, anyone have experience with this?

PayPal is the devil. I would recommend Amazon Payments as an alternative. There are no fees, otherwise PayPal will take a fee.

correct me if i'm wrong, but as far as i know, Paypal doesnt take a fee if you mark the transaction as PERSONAL and then GIFT.

Yes, but that's not what this transaction is. You also lose all buyer protection.

Paypal is a sham anyway. I had a claim on them once and they had a 25 dollar charge off the top, so for a 40 dollar transaction you really don't have much to lose.

onthekeg said:
Paypal is a sham anyway. I had a claim on them once and they had a 25 dollar charge off the top, so for a 40 dollar transaction you really don't have much to lose.

You would be violating PayPal's TOS.

Paypal takes a fee of 2.9% + $.30 for each "purchase" type transaction. You can always add the fee up front. Just do the opposite: ($total +$.30)/.971

I understand both sides here. Buyers need protection since this is a purchase and most don't know the OP personally and who knows what can happen. The OP presumably is also just passing on a savings and not making money out of the deal, so if he ate all the paypal fees he would end up losing money in the end.

Adding the fee up front so you still get protection will cost at most a dollar or two and will still give the OP the full $1.80 / ft for the tubing. I don't see why buyer protection wouldn't still be in place in case anything happened in this case, correct me if I'm wrong.

Yep I agree. If the OP is passing on savings as a favor, we should eat the fee.

Or look at amazon as an alternative :)

If you want the protection, pay the fee. If you don't, mark it as personal or use Amazon or another alternative method. Simple as that.

Got mine last week, looks real good. Thanks for going out of your way to help us out.

If someone is looking for 100 feet, I'd be willing to sell a roll for $205 shipped.

Just an observation here, it seems a bit penny wise pound foolish to group buy with a relatively unestablished user to save a few dollars. I'm glad the OP was an honest guy in the end but it doesn't always go that way.

If someone is looking for 100 feet, I'd be willing to sell a roll for $205 shipped.

Just an observation here, it seems a bit penny wise pound foolish to group buy with a relatively unestablished user to save a few dollars. I'm glad the OP was an honest guy in the end but it doesn't always go that way.

Hence my concern with people sending paypal payment as a "gift".

Let me know if you ever split up your 100 ft, I might be able to use some more.

Back