How much do you brew in a year?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Oakwood

Reaction score
If I keep my current pace I will hit around 90 gallons this year (first year brewing). About 20 gallons or more for friends. But I was just trying to see for those who have been brewing for a few years what did you start with and where are you at now? I am sure lots of you started out like myself but have refined your style and brew less on more of a schedule now.

My plan is to get to a point with a schedule to turn out the brews I like for times of the years. I am sure everyone at one point thought that. I just wonder how many are to that point?

My average since I started brewing last July has been about 16.5 gallons per month. That works out to 198 gallons per year, which is, coincidentally, the legal limit that can be brewed in my house (100 each for me a wifey). I doubt I'll make it to that amount this year, as I'm taking a little hiatus from brewing in order to somehow drink through all the HB backstock I already have. I mean, really, who needs 200 gallons of beer per year? I give alot away, which I like to do, but really, for me, it's about the act of brewing. Formulating recipes, going through the motions, creating something new. The stacks of cases in my basement are a pleasant result, but I gotta take it easy.

I average about 15 batches (5 gal) a year. I'm the only beer drinker in my household, so that's more than enough to meet demand plus give some away.

Started brewing on April 1st. Have 2 bottled and one in the primary. So 15 gallons for me. I would say I will average about 1 or 2 brews per month. So my total would be in the neighborhood of 60-80 gallons a year.

70 Gals so far. Probably on pace to come close to double that by EOY.

I am on pace for about 100 gallon this year. It is a new hobby for me. I prefer IPA so I always have one on tap and a batch fermenting. SWMBO likes the IPA and others so, every third batch or so, I cook up something else. I have a Red Tail Ale clone fermenting, and a stout on tap.

This reminds me, when I was younger, I had to take a polygraph test for a job interview. The guy asks about smoking mj, and wanted to know how much I had smoked in my life.

Crap, didn't get that job. :drunk:

Rick

I have done one 24 gal brewday one 12 gal brewday and a 5 gal batch of cranberry hard lemonade in the month of April. I have three 12 gallon batches scheduled for May. I really want to do the 777
Man if I keep up this pace my neighbors are gonna start talking. You know... the LATE nights locked in the BREWERY(garage) music playing, Drinking, Friends coming and going.
Whatever would they have to talk about. LMFAO!!!!!
JJ

I've done 50 gallons since March. I've got everything set to do another 30 by the end of June I hope. I'll probably do a little over 130 by the end of the year. I'd brew another 10 this weekend, but I don't think I'll have time.

I don't know exactly, but it looks like about 21 batches of beer since June, according to my notes. And at least 9 batches of wine/mead since then. My notes are getting better, since I've downloaded Beersmith.

7 batches since January 28. So call it two/month or 24 for the year. About 120 gal a year.
Although I guessing it will actually be under 100gal, 2 of those 7 were for a party and I'm starting to get stocked up.
Craig

I also have done 50 gallons since brewing again in march.

I'm trying to move to Victoria, BC. Half the reason I haven't moved yet is the difficulty of finding rental housing where I can brew with my big ass brew sculpture. Apts are definitely a no go there. :)

40 gal so far this year, but I just switched to 10 gallon batches so that number should increase greatly over the comming months.

Cheers

well i guess i will find out this year, I started this hobby about 2 month ago
I have 5 gallons bottled and conditioning, starting to turn out good now.
I am bottleing another 5 gallon of an IPA this weekend
And i still have some apfelwine in the primary been in there just over 5 weeks
So I am at 15 gallons for now. Probably plan on brewing every other weekend or so.

whats the law say? you can brew 200 gallons per year?

good thing I only brew 199.9 gallons a year then ;)

I brew about every three months
So that would be 4 batches of 10Gal each
So if I am correct that is 40 gals.
Guess I got ta start drinking more to catchup wit some of you guys.

I'm the super light weight around here I guess. I only do 3 or 4 batches (5 gallons) per year. I tend to only drink a bottle or 2 while grilling, so my intake goes up a little in the Summer.

My biggest hurdle is time, work full time, attend school 9 credits a semester and go to the kids' ball games. Doesn't really leave much time to do anything else.

With my current setup I've been brewing once a month and doing 5 gallon batches, so that equates to about 50-60 gallons a year. Hopefully I'll be doing 10 gallon batches by mid-summer and that'll double that number. Just have to talk the wife into letting me invest in a few more toys. :mug:

10 gallons bottled, 10 gallons in primaries, 10 gallons in secondaries, and I started April 1st.....so who knows

i brew about 200 gallons a year..i'm the only drinker since i have my kegerator locked down really good....hmmm can you say dad loves his beer!!!even got the cholesterol down from 320 to 153...go home brew!

I brewed 30 gallons in the last three months of last year, and I'm up to 55 gallons so far this year. I guess I'm on pace for about 150 gallons or so. Once I move into a house and get some refrigerators set up, that number could increase. I've got a stockpile of about a dozen cases in my closet that I'm maintaining at a pretty steady level, between brewing, drinking, and giving away.

I've brewed 40 gallons since I started a little less than 2 months ago and I'll be brewing 10 more next weekend. I predict that I'll end up at exactly 200 gallons for the year :D

Back