2009 Longshot Entries?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brewpastor

Beer, not rocket chemistry
Reaction score
Anybody else entering this year's Longshot comp?

I am going to send in my Neo-Classic American Pilsner and Roast Green Chile and Coriander CAP.

It is a long shot but isn't that the idea?!

Entries open today!

What the hey...

I hate to part with four bottles of my Tits-Up IIPA, but...

Maybe also send along some of my "All Fuggled Up" ordinary...

Thanks for the heads up Pastor.

Yessir!
I have two of the four beers we are entering all bottled and ready to go. Was just talking to SWMBO about getting some newspaper to help pack them up.

Good Luck!

Yessir!
I have two of the four beers we are entering all bottled and ready to go. Was just talking to SWMBO about getting some newspaper to help pack them up.

Good Luck!

Good luck back to both of you! Shamrock, what are you sending in?

The four bottle thing does seem like over-kill, but no entry fee makes it easier to take!

I might send in a beer or two - gotta check the stores and see what I have ready to go. I really wish I had some of my Howl at the Moon Smoked Porter left - alas, I need to brew it again.

I had planned to send it my oaked smoked old bog road brown ale to it this year, but I didn't realize that they needed four bottles instead of the usual two.

I only have a few left and am planning to enter those in the State Fair and Michigan Renaissance festival comps this summer...I could have sent Longshot 2 as well, but not 4...

so maybe next year.

Entering a couple of Pilseners, a Belgian White, and an Irish Stout.

I usually don't enter competitions, but the chance to "help" brew your beer at SA was too good to pass up even if it is a Long Shot.

Probably my oatmeal stout, pale ale, mild since they are currently what is ready and I have enough to let 4 bottles go. I'm going to stop by the Two Brother's Brewery on my way down to Dark Lord Day and drop off the package so I don't have to pay shipping.

I'm sending my Dirty Blonde and Chocolate Porter tomorrow. I was going to drive them up, but just really do not have the time. It is almost 4 hours one way.

I'm entering my Imperial Porter, Simcoe Pale Ale, Southern English Brown and if it's ready in time a Vienna Lager. It's free, so why not.

just mailed an oatmeal stout and an american amber off today. This is busting my (comp) cherry so Im kind of pumped.. So good luck all.

Shipped off my Hoppy to Make Your Acquaintance ale today - had to do three day UPS so it makes it! Good luck to all (I'm just in it for the t-shirt!)!

I dropped off 3 entries today. The oatmeal stout is not quite ready but it should age a bit more as it waits for contest. I'm mostly looking for feedback right now. Maybe next year I can make some special brews for this contest and see if I can actually place.

Just packed and brought my Groom's Reserve Oktoberfest to the mail room at work. Popping my competition cherry as well!

Dropping mine off later this week...

Does anyone know if you still have to package it up in a box if you're just dropping them off in person, or can I just hand them a 4-pack?

Has anyone's listings on the Sam Adams tracking site say anything other than pending? They arrived last Monday but nothing yet...

I'm entering in 4 beers.
Hopinator (14C, for sure winner)
Hoplite (10A)
Streamline Sunshine Tripel (18C)
The Damned (19C)

Dropping mine off later this week...

Does anyone know if you still have to package it up in a box if you're just dropping them off in person, or can I just hand them a 4-pack?

I just had two six packs, handed them over. I've done this before for 2 other contests as well.

That's all they say. You just have to rely on the shipper's delivery receipt and trust that they'll be properly processed, judged and awarded best of show. :D

That part I'm not worried about, but I just want to know HOW MANY of my beers are winning :)

Has anyone's listings on the Sam Adams tracking site say anything other than pending? They arrived last Monday but nothing yet...

I'm entering in 4 beers.
Hopinator (14C, for sure winner)
Hoplite (10A)
Streamline Sunshine Tripel (18C)
The Damned (19C)
I've been checking mine also. Two of the six I sent just showed up yesterday as received. They probably have quite a few entries to enter, good luck to everyone here that entered. Would be great to have someone form HBT be a winner in the Longshot.

Two of my three entries just showed up as received yesterday afternoon. The third one is still pending, even though they were all in the same box. I'm sure it takes a while to go through all those beers.

You will also get an email from SA when the entry is officially received.

All 4 of mine are still pending, mine went off to MoreBeer in Concord CA.

I received verification today that my entries have been received and are being lovingly looked after. They are out in Concord as well.

Yay, I got an email from SA that all 4 of my longshot entries have been arrived and cataloged properly!

I can tell you right now, that if you didn't enter a tasty Maibock, an Old Ale- devilishly sweet and malty, an Am. Barley Wine- very malty low hop character or a bracing, Bretty lambic then you didn't win.

2 of these 4 won and my money would be on the Maibock and the Old Ale unless SA feels a need to correct the Cranberry Lambic debacle.

How do I know this? Brookston Beer and Beer advocate were tweeting the judging.

Maibock/Helles.
11957551.jpg

Old Ale
11958974.jpg

AM BW
11961484.jpg

Lambic
11962794.jpg

Results to be announced at the GABF.

More info here:
http://www.brookstonbeerbulletin.com/longshot-judging/

Back