Addicted To Brewing!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gabe

It's a sickness!
Reaction score
This has got to be the best hobby in the world! I try and brew 2 times a month so I'm never out of good beer. I brew 5 gal at a time and my x-tra fridge has 10 cases of 22's. My prob is I wan't to keep brewing as much as possible but don't have the room for bottles. I picked up a Cornelius Kegging system but havn't used it yet. Is ther a easy way to get started kegging ? Lame mans directions?Step by step? I have a 5 gal keg and all the parts to start just don't want to mess up my brew with to much co2. Any help? Cheers:mug:

Man....I wish I could keep beer around by only brewing 2 times a month! I need to do about 5 batches a month just to keep up. But I agree...this IS addictive!!!!

AdIn said:
Man, how much do you guys drink?
It's not "how much" it's "how often".:D

I drink almost every day. I lived in Germany for 9 years, so I always have beer with my meals when I am at home or eating out.

I still can't get used to going to Micky D's/Burger King, etc., and NOT having a beer with a burger like you can in the rest of the world....damned US laws.

I also drink almost every day. Let's say I have half a litter at a dinner time, few more on weekends. Some times wife wants glass or two. Kids are not at the drinking age (yet). Rounding up to 5-7 litters a week. Sure you have friends over... Sounds like couple 5 gallon batches a month should be OK. But 5 batches a month, that's why I have asked.

AdIn said:
I also drink almost every day. Let's say I have half a litter at a dinner time, few more on weekends. Some times wife wants glass or two. Kids are not at the drinking age (yet). Rounding up to 5-7 litters a week. Sure you have friends over... Sounds like couple 5 gallon batches a month should be OK. But 5 batches a month, that's why I have asked.
OK, that's a good question...I let my beer age. I don't drink all of it at once.

As for my Ginger Wit I made that back late last summer (I think) and I have 5 left. Some of my recent HWs only have a case left...and I share them...:D

I guess you missed the rant about all the guests coming up to my home bar and drinking my homebrew!

Back