Show Us Your Label

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just worked up some basic labels for a few homebrews I'm taking to a Super Bowl Party. Nothing fancy, easy to cut out and apply. None of my co-workers have tasted many (if any) homebrews.

barrel.jpg

Choco.jpg

dragonkiller.jpg

Feelin' Lucky.jpg

Leprechaun Killer Label.jpg

History is fun- this civil war cannon battery was located directly underneath the house that me and my buddies started brewing in in college. So we had to name a beer after it... after all, as a distributor once told us "have each beer tell a story." :

ZoellnerStoutlabel_zpsb44dcde0.jpg

Here's two more I did recently....

BeerLabels_zpsfbd450f7.jpg

I print on brown paper bags so my designs are usually in B&W. I like clean and simple.

Just labeled my latest brew. Peter Ped-ALE (the name of curious George in Danish is Peter pedal)

image-333886855.jpg

Thanks for the nice feedback everybody. I love design and especially packaging design. I'm actually doing some design work for a local brewery but they haven't let me do a label yet for commercial release. I'm hoping they let me soon. If anybody wants custom labels done for their own stuff I'm always available for freelance work.

Here is one I did for the batch that is to be bottled next week. If you don't know who Glen Hansard is, look him up. He is a musical genius.

GlenHansardIrishRedAleFinal_zpsc1335b32.jpg
[/IMG]

...and for my one of my homebrews
200772_10200324765383665_1683690385_n.jpg

Awesome, J! That's the best WH Ale label I've seen yet. Looks fantastic.

I wish I was more pleased with how my batch came out (too much gypsum), because I'd definitely use this. (It'd go over well here in DC).

Way to go.

Cheers! :mug:

I just started working on labels since tripping over this thread a few weeks ago. Thanks for the inpiration everyone.

Here is what I have bottled so far...

I did steal a line from someone in the "Warnings", had to re-quote in my due to the truth of the matter...

Hugger.jpg

Jack the RIPA.jpg

White Whale.jpg

I love all the labels. Great designs and brew names.

I brewed a few batches of beer 11-13 years ago, and I've only begun to brew once again after an 11 year hiatus. One batch is ready to drink now (an Irish red ale -- first all-grain batch), one is just bottled (a dry Irish stout), and one will be bottled this weekend (an non-Irish stout). I made labels for my early beers, and have put together some for the latter ones too.

One of my first labels in monochrome on red paper:

Red%2520Neck%2520Ale.jpg

My favorite brew from years ago:

DVS%2520lable.jpg

This one is also from years ago (thankfully, I saved a couple labels from years ago that I could scan):

three%2520brothers%2520nut%2520brown%2520ale.jpg

The label I made for my current Irish Red Ale is simple:

beer%2520label%2520-%2520Milligans%2520lock-in%2520red%2520copy.jpg

The most recent Irish Stout:

Bear%2520Rump%2520Stout%2520full%2520size.jpg

The last one yet to be bottled:

Rockhouse%2520Stout%2520copy.jpg

The first two were done on an online label maker.

The rest were done using PowerPoint.

My 10 yo daughter did the leaf rubbing for the mead label.

RiffRaffGraff.png

Graff 2.jpg

Swab Bucket.jpg

Mead.jpg

Hat (1).jpg

So I really liked Gitmoe's labels and the printing on brown paper idea, so I basically "borrowed" it. Thanks for the inspiration.

Alterna_zps75e212a7.jpg

Great label. Glad I could inspire. It's a fun idea for labels. Good luck getting those bags to go through your printer. It's not for the impatient... lol.

Thanks! No not hand drawn, used the basic PAINT program. Have a lack of skills and patience to learn the more sophisticated art programs

I'm still waiting for my raspberry melomel to finish in seconday. I moved it onto it's second batch of raspberries, and fermetation started up again and has been going strong for the last two weeks! I just cut one of these out to check if I can manage it ... boy am i regretting that top bit!
Rasberry_Melomelsmall.png

I've played around with a few ideas for this label, I think I'm happy with it for now
I haven't bottled the beer yet, it's currently fermenting, so hopefully it turns out well enough that I get to use the label :mug:
Beelaxin+Grapefruit+Honey+Ale.jpg

I've also whipped this one together, currently bottled, just waiting a little longer until I can enjoy!
Beach+Bum+Blonde+Ale.jpg

First ones i'm made... After a few exploding beers and soaked boxes led to confusion. Now its basically a grab bag situation, never know what beer its gonna be.

Decided to make some for the newest batches. Black and white.. cause i ran outa color ink, and I'm snowed in via snowmaggedon.

Kramerican ale #2.jpg

Moe's Smash.jpg

hause pale ale.jpg

Back