Chugger pump help

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bulldogxray

Reaction score
Ok so I have my rig together enought to brew tomorrow. Today on a test run I recirculated water through my new chugger pumps. I had a horrible time priming them. Is there a trick or something to it.

brewrig2.jpg

Clock the heads 180 degrees for a start. You have the outflow pointed straight down which will trap the biggest air pocket possible.

Clock the heads 180 degrees for a start. You have the outflow pointed straight down which will trap the biggest air pocket possible.

Actually my outflow is at 9 o clock with and 90 elbow pointing up. Is this not a good position?

Yes, but if you look on the inside of the head, the opening to that outflow that is pointing to 9 o'clock is on the 6 o'clock position, which is the opposite of where you want it.

2_P7264292_small_1.jpg

This pic shows what I'm talking about, the outflow is pointed to the side, but the opening inside the head is on top where it should be.

Back