Looking for bottles

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

prince4118

Reaction score
I'm looking for anyone that has any spare pop top beer bottles they would like to donate to a good cause preferably brown or green in Brisbane Australia

Be Careful what you ask for...and have a plan to get rid of all the extras you're going to get handed.:D

Are you a internet forum member on any other sites? If so post up there... before you know it you'll be posting again saying "Thanks, but enough"

I'm only a member of this forum and I can take a lot haha Iv got a few friend that brew also and would love as many bottles as they can get

Do you have a local classified site that you can post on? I've seen and responded to adds on the local Craig's List for empty beer bottles.

Surely Australia has recycling centers. My local small town center has saved me hundreds of champagne and beer bottles. I'd pick up 2-300 at a time. They were happy to have them used again and didn't mind drinking the samples I'd drop off.

Nope there is no recycling centers in the state I live and I have tried a few of the Logan websites as well that is why I thought I'd give on here a try, home brewing beer isn't massive here

How about asking at your local bar. I have heard there are quite a few of them down-under.

I asked my friends for their empty commercial bottles and now have over 400.

The only pop tops I can get from the local are corona bottles and they are clear and the label is painted on I'm looking for ones I can at least take the label off

There are quite a few here down under haha there are 3 within a 10 minute walk

The only pop tops I can get from the local are corona bottles and they are clear and the label is painted on I'm looking for ones I can at least take the label off

I use the Corona bottles almost exclusively. Strong bottles and easy to get the last drop before the yeast flows. I just throw a towel over them to keep the light out. Star San eats the label paint but it takes quite a few cycles to get them off.

Back