Contactors

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cdwiggi

Reaction score
Hello all I have been looking at the following threads and have not been able to get a response to this question....

I have been told that I need this Auber 2 pole 120 volt coil 30 A contactor and I would like to use a Din Rail moutable version like so Dayton 2 pole 120 volt coil 30 A contactor I guess the question is this are these the same type of contactor with differing mounting types? Also for educational purposes how do I know that one is a 240Volt or a 120Volt contactor or is that assumed with the spec of 30A, 120-600VAC(Auber contactor) also this is not stated on the grainger product unless I am just not seeing it.

Thanks in advance and I hope to have pics soon of my build.

Caleb

I'm not sure if the Grainger unit will go to 600VAC but they're both spec'd at 30A. I would say since the Grainger unit has a HP rating at 240V and 120V for its contacts, that you should have not problems at 240VAC which, I assume, is what you require.

Technically I guess the grainger model is a relay and the auber one is a contactor... you can google the nitty gritty difference, but they both work.

I can't believe that I missed this the entire purpose of the contactor is to allow a mechanical disconnect between the SSR and the elements... Does anyone know of a contactor that would be the same as the Auber one but be Din mountable?

The Fuji ones from automationdirect are din mountable and similar to the auber ones. I own both and I like the Fuji ones more...

Look at the spec sheet closely - the 25 amp fuji contactor is rated at 32 amps for a resistive load, e.g., a heating element. Only saves ya $7 but it all adds up.

Back