Well, the nights are getting cooler...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zeal

Reaction score
and the beer is getting tastier. I Love Autumn beer season, my favorite autumn seasonal beer is Tumbler autumn brown ale by Sierra Nevada.

How about your favorite autumn beers?

I like to get into My Stout , Belgian , Porter, Pumpkin ale kick that I get into when the weather is cold. In Chicago you need some big beers to stay warm. I am not big on Lagers but if I do drink them it is usually Dopplebocks.

Pumpkin ales and oktoberfests are right around the corner! At the moment I'm drinking browns and ambers... What a great time of year!

I'm really looking forward to my fall lineup this year: Oktobersest, India Black Ale, Pumpkin Ale, Wee Heavy and by the onset of winter a spiced cherry stout.

I don't care at all for Sierra Nevada tumbler. I love SN as a whole and think they make some fantastic beers indeed -- but I have no idea how tumbler made it into their annual lineup. Meh.

i love oktoberfests and brown ales. favorites will hopefully be my own brews haha. but guinness is almost always in the fridge

and so it begins...

What I have (or will) brew:
- strong pumpkin ale
- toasted pumpkin seed milk stout
- smoked whiskey barrel wee heavy
- mullberry peppercorn bavarian wheat
- rye pale ale
- apple ale
- apfelwien
- IPA hopped methlegen

What I have planned to brew extra next year:
-stout brewed in march with marshmallows and burnt honey I am calling it "The March Mello" for the wife...

What I buy:
1/4 bbl of New Glaurus "Staghorn" - The best oktoberfest in the world
various wee heavies and pumpkin ales
and a few SN Tumblers

About the only thing I'm looking forward to in the winter ... brewing my first lager! (My basement should hit perfect fermentation temps by January... I'll have to work out lagering).

This fall I have an Apple Pie Ale and my first cider planned, and I'll be doing my first all grain for the ale. I'll probably also make a few others...

Im such an idiot, I did not fully use the cold conditions for possible lagers!!!! (i am in the souther hemisphere) Struggled keeping ales warm, instead of making lagers!!!! now its geting warmer here.......

and so it begins...

What I have (or will) brew:
- strong pumpkin ale
- toasted pumpkin seed milk stout
- smoked whiskey barrel wee heavy
- mullberry peppercorn bavarian wheat
- rye pale ale
- apple ale
- apfelwien
- IPA hopped methlegen

What I have planned to brew extra next year:
-stout brewed in march with marshmallows and burnt honey I am calling it "The March Mello" for the wife...

What I buy:
1/4 bbl of New Glaurus "Staghorn" - The best oktoberfest in the world
various wee heavies and pumpkin ales
and a few SN Tumblers

The toasted pumpkin seed milk stout sounds like an awesome beer!

last night just looked up a recipe for avery old jubilation, a winter warmer

I brewed a clone of this beer last week, cant wait to try it. It is a kit from high gavity brewing in Tulsa if you want to check it out. Its called Old st. nick ale. It smelled awesome.

Great Divide's Hibernation Ale popped into stores. Drinking that and brewing some pumpkin ale with home toasted malt.

The most wonderful time of the year.

Back