best android app

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dirtypirate23

Reaction score
Hey gang, i'm sure its been asked a bunch of times but with so many apps out on the android market, which one is the best for brew days? It doesnt matter if its free or costs as long as it is worth it

Interesting. I just use beersmith on my laptop because I always brew at home. However, I'd like to know what's out there. I never really thought to use a tablet. It might make it easier as you can carry it around with you.

I received a recipe on BrewR last night from someone on the forums. I'm a beersmith user, this was the first time I had used the app, I can say that the recipe share feature is awesome.

My only source of internet is my tablet and my phone...it seems silly but i have a keyboard and mouse for my tablet and it does all the same a computer can (for my needs) so basicly share features arent huge i'm just looking for an all around awesome app

I'd downloaded a couple but never really used them since the ones I got seemed to be more along the lines of timers/conversion calculators rather than recipe generators. Depending on what you're looking for, they may work for you. Otherwise I'd second Channel and say wait and get the full Beersmith app when it comes out (not sure when). There's a lite version of Beersmith out now, but its just for viewing recipes, which really only works if you're using a desktop version as well. The full version is supposed to be pretty similar to the desktop Beersmith, and from using Beersmith, I think you'd be hard pressed to do better.

Just took a look at BrewR, looks like it could be interesting, and since its free it would give you something to try until Beersmith comes out. May have to give it a shot myself.

Thanks for the suggestions guys, i'll have to try them out. I know its an odd topic but bringing my 7inch tablet into brew shop will be easy and with the keyboard and mouse...shoot I can import data quicker than on a tiny screened phone

There's Beersmith 2 Lite for android.

It seems a little more polished than BrewR....

I would wait for the full version. The lite version must be run in parallel with the desktop version to be useful. You can't edit or create recipes on it. Just view the ones you have stored on the cloud.

I have beersmith on my desktop and as a new brewer and being terrible with technology I can't figure it out. I also have beersmith lite on my phone and I think it mostly just goes along with the full version. I don't thinkyou can build recipes with it, only view them and use all the tools. I got the brewr app on my tablet and used it this weekend and it was pretty easy to use and also pretty helpful.for a free app I would say check out the brewr app

I have beersmith on my desktop and as a new brewer and being terrible with technology I can't figure it out. I also have beersmith lite on my phone and I think it mostly just goes along with the full version. I don't thinkyou can build recipes with it, only view them and use all the tools. I got the brewr app on my tablet and used it this weekend and it was pretty easy to use and also pretty helpful.for a free app I would say check out the brewr app

I understand, but once you get used to using Brewsmith, you won't be able to live without it (or something that does the same thing).

Back