Adjusting Grain Mill Crush

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WhiteEagle1

Reaction score
Hey Guys,
Is there a spacer or something you guys use to set your mill spacing?? (a couple of nickles or something like that) I took apart my mill to clean and never looked at the spacing beforehand. Thanks!

I use a spark plug gapper--feeler gauges--you can pick one up at any auto parts store...

Yep, the feeler gauges work great, and are very cheap!

I had someone tell me that the correct spacing is a credit card, but I don't know that for a fact. I use the feeler gauges!

Yep - feeler gauges from the local auto parts store. I set my BC to 35 thousands and now my efficiency is now in the low 80's.

Thanks guys! I will have to get a set of the feeler gauges.... Brewed last night, used Yoopers credit card suggestion, worked out pretty good!

I guess i'll have to go purchase a set of feeler gauges.... The wife won't let me borrow one of the credit cards..... 8 (

Yep, the feeler gauges work great, and are very cheap!

I had someone tell me that the correct spacing is a credit card, but I don't know that for a fact. I use the feeler gauges!

Yup! If you are shooting for 1mm gap or .039 a credit card will give you that gap unless it's a really flimsy, cheap credit card:mug:

Back