Calling All Metal Fans

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Vesperian Sorrow :rockin: Can't listen at work right now but great band.

:off:...........Hello John hope all is well........

yeah, I think this is my favorite from them...

Last edited by a moderator:

megusta.png

How you been headbanger long time! How goes the brewing and life.

This is the dumbest Suicidal BM ever, I cant stop laughing when I hear it the intro!!! ahahaaahahahhahaha.

GodsStepBrother said:
How you been headbanger long time! How goes the brewing and life.

Doin good homey on all fronts, how's life with you? Been busy I'm assuming.

Indeed I got a new job, it keeps me busy but it is in regards to beer so it is fun.

Primordial is cool, I likes.

Not brewing for anyone, but working as a distributor of craft beer.

Jamming out to this bad ass song at the moment.

I'm not quite sure where this falls in the genre category and maybe that's a good thing. All I know is I can't stop listening to it...

Ok this is not metal. However it is still awesome and really has no other place. BTW it is all in Polish... I present Epic Viking Rap! Yeah it IS that good that I posted it here...

and

So after the rap post I felt I needed some redemption. Granted I still think it was the best rap ever recorded but still...

I give up Finntroll live... Bask in all that is awesome...

FYI it is sung in Swedish...

The new Townsend record is just short of absolute garbage, highly disappointing...

And on the other hand we have the new Vision Divine record.. You know it's funny that it seems like whenever one band lets me down on something I've been anticipating eagerly another comes out of nowhere and blindsides me with awesomeness! It doesn't actually drop until next week but I have heard the promo and trust me when I say that you want this!

Oh, you're gonna want this too btw...

:rockin:

Nothing new, but a little reminder of the more brutal outlet for Katatonia members Anders Nystrøm aka. Blackheim (guitar) and Jonas Renske (bass):
[ame]www.youtube.com/watch?v=OFom-4Lnj9E[/ame]

Understood, and please understand that it's not necessarily the music they are making nowadays that I think is garbage, it's that type (nu-genre) of music in general. It's NOT metal and it never will be. Obviously they are talented as well as credible or at least they were at one point, the same applies to Paradise Lost and My Dying Bride. I guess the thing that really gets under my skin about these types of bands is they try to portray themselves as metal knowing darn good and well that they sold themselves out of the metal community long ago. I can't really comment on any of their current stuff simply because I can't stand to listen to that style of music, or any genre with "core" in it either. If you'd like to discuss this further we can on the metal thread, love Bloodbath btw.

That^, I totally agree with. It's a whole other animal, and definitely not metal at all. Progressive rock? Post metal? Whatever..... I was as shocked as the next guy when Katatonia released Discouraged Ones, and it took a few listens to see where they were coming from, but I really like the direction that the band's taken since then. The only pre DO release of their's I listen to anymore is BMD, listening to something like Dance of December Souls now is almost painful, what with the 'drumming' and vocals.
I totally feel ya on the 'nu-____' or '____-core' thing. Not a fan at all. And I'm the same way with certain bands, take the artists formerly known as In Flames for example. A complete and utter sell out to more radio friendly hard rock, seemingly for the sole purpose of well, selling records and merch. What they're doing these days doesn't appeal to me in the least. But on the other hand, there's bands like Opeth, who with their last record showed a side that we've never heard and that is somewhat more commercialized (sludgy record, tour with Mastodon, etc.), but it's still a phenomenal piece of work and the direction makes sense for the band considering Mike's issues with his growls and Fred Åkesson not being quite the guitarist that Peter Lindgren is. A far better record than Watershed, IMO.
I think it's hit or miss when a band decides to make such a departure from the sound that they captured their fans with. Some bands can pull it off, others fail miserably when they try.

Either way, BLOODBATH FTW!!!

That^, I totally agree with. It's a whole other animal, and definitely not metal at all. Progressive rock? Post metal? Whatever..... I was as shocked as the next guy when Katatonia released Discouraged Ones, and it took a few listens to see where they were coming from, but I really like the direction that the band's taken since then. The only pre DO release of their's I listen to anymore is BMD, listening to something like Dance of December Souls now is almost painful, what with the 'drumming' and vocals.
I totally feel ya on the 'nu-____' or '____-core' thing. Not a fan at all. And I'm the same way with certain bands, take the artists formerly known as In Flames for example. A complete and utter sell out to more radio friendly hard rock, seemingly for the sole purpose of well, selling records and merch. What they're doing these days doesn't appeal to me in the least. But on the other hand, there's bands like Opeth, who with their last record showed a side that we've never heard and that is somewhat more commercialized (sludgy record, tour with Mastodon, etc.), but it's still a phenomenal piece of work and the direction makes sense for the band considering Mike's issues with his growls and Fred Åkesson not being quite the guitarist that Peter Lindgren is. A far better record than Watershed, IMO.
I think it's hit or miss when a band decides to make such a departure from the sound that they captured their fans with. Some bands can pull it off, others fail miserably when they try.

Either way, BLOODBATH FTW!!!

Well said! :mug:

Although I must say I was surprised by the last offering from In Flames.. I guess I keep hoping for a similar trend in the other afore-mentioned bands. Either way though, I think we are on the same page for sure.

Back