Wyeast 3056

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ztp

Reaction score
Brewed a bavarian hefeweizen with 3056 11 days ago and still have a pretty thick layer of bubbles covering the top (would post a pic but it is blurry as **** due to all the krausen on the sides). The readings on the hydrometer have stayed about the same over the past four days. I'm just wondering if anyone else had the same experiences with this particular blend. Btw I did do a yeast starter and the OG was 1.046.

What’s the FG? If the reading has stayed the same for 4 days and is where the attenuation should be, keg/bottle it; or wait 3 more days (I usually keep my hefes in primary for 14 days… then check the FG [as I keg :drunk: …no, no; I didn’t just say that]). The bubbles aren’t an indication of unfinished fermentation; your gravity readings are. :mug:

Well when I say bubbles I mean bubbles on the top an the air lock is still bubbling. I know that's not a very reliable indicator, but it has stayed fairly close to 1.010. I'm gonna bottle it tomorrow for the hell of it anyways. I just didn't know if it was something that was a characteristic of this strain since I have never used it. I have always been a fan of 3068.

Back