favorite worst beer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Misfit

Reaction score
Ok so I've been noticing that people on this site like some bad beers. Anything from miller lite to the god awful pbr.

So what is your guilty pleasure? For me its good old Iron City. When I go back home to Pittsburgh I cant drink enough of this stuff. I mean I genuinely love it while most hate it

I think iron city is up there, but I would have to go with natural light. Warm from a beer pong cup. Mmmm West Virginia was good to us all.

I thought it was Miller High Life for me, but after trying it again last night I've changed my mind.

I was going to say the same thing but I haven't had it for a long long time. I ought to give it a try again. I had one out of a can not to long ago, but I feel like to really enjoy the champagne of beers it has to be in a 40, and consumed in some back alley.

funny, i can't stand iron city, but i love PBR... hell, i love miller light and high life as well. Gennesse is a great one too, hard to come by here in oregon though.

PBR is my GO-TO-BEER when I am low on homebrew and low on funds. If I am semi low on funds, then its Yuengling. If I have more money than the bills that need paid, its a craft beer (or ingredients for the next HB).

I agree on that..had Victoria in St. Louis of all places. Not a huge fan of smoked beers. I'll eat smoked food and drink beer but the malts just don't take it well

I like this one more than PBR.
00263_15.jpg

95% malt, wow-ho.

I like this one more than PBR.
00263_15.jpg

95% malt, wow-ho.

i miss real oly beer, brewed in tumwater....:( it was clint eastwood approved :) :)

they were another victim of big brewery buyout-and-kill... miller bought the brewery and killed it. oly is now brewed in california and is nowhere near as good as it was.... granted, it was lawnmower beer, but at least it did have some flavor and a very loyal local following..

Genessee Cream Ale and Molson Golden. Haven't been able to find much of either on the left coast.

Labatt Blue is my cheap filler beer while I try to build up a supply of homebrew (I just started the hobby in March). Plus, they have this rewards program, and I really want the pint glasses haha

I will drink Coors Lite when I'm with family. It's like refreshing water, and the cans turn blue! Ooooo

Hands down Rolling Rock. It's the best if you're on a boat. On a dolphin, doing flips and ****!

Fun thread. I can't say that I can tolerate PBR, but I have drank it. If all else fails, Coors Light... No taste and gets the job done.

Can't say Im ever absolutely low on funds that I have to buy something else but I absolutely LOVE Tecate. LOVE IT!
Used to like MGD..but since those dumbasses never get the hint that maybe the finished product would be better in brown bottles instead of clear. Can't stand getting a skunky bottle here and there.

I know I will get knocked for this, but I drink Miller Lite as a filler when I am in-between batches. Don't know why I like it, I guess my taste buds are out of whack.

Rolling Rock for me too...I grew up drinking it. I have one last bottle of Latrobe Rolling Rock in the fridge, just because.

For filler and sometimes just cause....

Yuengling (kinda really like it) or Amber bock(Not bad on tap)...

I've not had it in several decades but if I could, I'd get some of this. Long gone are the days of a case of 16oz bottles for $12.

Rainier.jpg

They still make Ranier, had it a couple weeks ago in WA.

In general the "old man beers" are ok by me, but the Miller/Coors/Bud etc is not. Yes I know many are owned by the same companies now, but Schmidt's, Schaeffer, Schlitz, Strohs, etc and even PBR and High Life go down easy for me but the "Lite" beers don't so much.

High Life or Genny Screamers, both acceptable to drink when funds are dwindling.

Back