Dallas

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fujieagle

Reaction score
Staying in Euliss and will probably move to the Arlington area in the near future. Got a couple questions about the Dallas area. First, any homerew clubs in the area? Second, any good homebrew stores around? All of my brewing equipment is still in Missouri and I commute on my weekends so I currently am not brewing as much as I would like. Thanks for any info or links. I tried a search on here but I have a pretty low attention span and get easily side tracked.:drunk:

Thanks Deafsmith. Arlington isn't a definate. We are considering Denton and McKinney also.

Cap and Hare is another homebrew club. I think they operate out of Arlington? If not then Fort Worth.

As far as homebrew stores, there is Homebrew Headquarters in Richardson, Winemaker's Toystore in Carrollton that were already mentioned. There is also the Winemaker's Shop in south Fort Worth near Arlington that carries a decent selection of grains if you're not up for a trip towards Dallas. There is also Foreman's in Colleyville on 26 that is fairly close to you. Their prices on everything but grains is ridiculously inflated and they have a very limited grain selection but the grain is the cheapest I've found locally.

Thanks for the info everyone. I will be checking these places out at some point. Any of you guys grow your own hops?:tank:

Oh yeah, welcome to the great state of TEXAS!!!!!!!!!!!!

Homebrew HQ is great and has some interesting and helpful characters for all of your local purchasing and advice needs. Austin Homebrew supply gets stuff here within 3 days, which is great for online orders. I can't recommend a club, but most Dallas/FW people involved are truly good people.

For the guy that said "Welcome to the great state of TX".... Texas natives are fed BS about how great this state is. In fact, it sucks in most categories. As for beer, this place is horrible for brewing, and the local beer scene is crap (although "Texans" will point out the few exceptions). It gets so hot for 6 months of the year that the ground water needs to be prechilled unless you don't mind sticking it in the fridge for 6 hours (more wasted time). There are no basements for cold storage anywhere, so plan on having an expensive refrig in the garage with temp controllers eating up electricity in the 110 degree heat. A surprising number of people don't drink at all, let alone beer, let alone good beer, so finding other brewers is a challenge. Also, there are way too many laws dictacting production/sale of beer for the experienced brewers thinking about going pro.

Anyhow, i'll continue brewing here for 5 more years before i escape this wasteland. Welcome to Texas!!!

Back